• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your MMMS (pre 1971) and other Marvel Non Comic Items

157 posts in this topic

I just discovered there were 2 versions of the poster: a 12" x 16" version from '67 inked by Chic Stone (probably a straight repro of the T|TA art) and the large 2' x 3' 1970 version, which according the the scholars of the Jack Kirby Checklist was inked by Herb Trimpe.

I can finally relax!

Its rewarding to come up with an accurate guess after my performance in Nik's grading contest. tongue.gif

Hey Rhino,

The title of my response says it all, 1966. Apparently this wasn't available for purchase till 1967 though. Here's a pic of the bottom corner:

OH, you mean "1966 Hulk Poster" foreheadslap.giftongue.gif Me am gud reder!!!!!

So it's Chic Stone? Interesting... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I just discovered there were 2 versions of the poster: a 12" x 16" version from '67 inked by Chic Stone (probably a straight repro of the T|TA art) and the large 2' x 3' 1970 version, which according the the scholars of the Jack Kirby Checklist was inked by Herb Trimpe.

I can finally relax!

Its rewarding to come up with an accurate guess after my performance in Nik's grading contest. tongue.gif

Hmmmmmm... Your dates match my research as well, but did you switch the dates that the sizes were produced? The poster I have was released in '67, but measures 41"x27". Even though the size is different, do you still think it ws Chic who did the inking?

The copyright on the big poster you have says '66. But the release date of this big poster was 1970. The release of the smaller non-Trimpe re-ink poster was 1967, probably with the same '66 copyright date. Anybody have a copy of that one?

The copyright on the big poster you have says '66. But the release date of this big poster was 1970. The release of the smaller non-Trimpe re-ink poster was 1967, probably with the same '66 copyright date. Anybody have a copy of that one?

There's a pic of the smaller one somewhere on this thread, it's the one that came in a pack of 8 right? Thanks so much for the correction on the release date, and the info on the inker, it's much appreciated!

The only 1970-release date poster with the Hulk that I can think of is the one done completely by Trimpe (has the Leader on it, too). Completely different poster than the one pictured in this thread.

There is a small version of the Hulk poster in this thread that came in an 8-pack. That was released after the large Hulk poster was produced.

The only 1970-release date poster with the Hulk that I can think of is the one done completely by Trimpe (has the Leader on it, too). Completely different poster than the one pictured in this thread.

There is a small version of the Hulk poster in this thread that came in an 8-pack. That was released after the large Hulk poster was produced.

Alright, so now I'm good and confused. Who's right here? Do you guys have a means of verifiying that you could let me know about, for example if there's a website where you're obtaining this information? Or is this just stuff you guys know from years of collecting this MMMS stuff?

Alright, so now I'm good and confused. Who's right here? Do you guys have a means of verifiying that you could let me know about, for example if there's a website where you're obtaining this information? Or is this just stuff you guys know from years of collecting this MMMS stuff?

Who's right?!? I am, of course. sumo.gif There's my way, or there's the highway. poke2.gif

The Jack Kirby Checklist, which enlisted an army of Kirby scholars, cites a 12" x 16" version from '67 inked by Chic Stone and a 2' x 3' 1970 version inked by Trimpe. I'm certain the version posted here is the one Trimpe inked; it looked like his work from that era to me even before I consulted the checklist. However, I'm throwing in the towel until I can get some more detailed information. I'm pretty sure the checklist isn't refering to the Trimpe Hulk with Leader poster, which was based on a Kirby drawing but was completely re-done, as opposed to this poster which looks like a stat of the original with added drawing.

Kinda early, but does this count? Sorry for the flash.

capkit1a.jpg

The card at top left is different from the one on the right (and offered presumably at different times during the life of the Cap Kit). Immediately below each card is a facsimile of their respective flip sides. There is a vaiant on the envelope but only in the actual font used in the return address next to the Cap image. I settled for the single envelope which was highly elusive as it was. The badge on the left is the brass and the one on the right is the so-called copper variant. The item on the right side of the frame is an ad from Captain America #1.

That;s a nice example of the Captain America fan kit. Guessing that's the earliest Marvel (Timely) fan club item.

Here is the earliest item I could find from the MMMS days. Art is dated 1964.

AmazingSpider-man25MMMSad1964.jpg

THAT is cool! I love Marvel house ads! hail.gif

My contribution to this fun thread, some items may have been posted before by others.

Lurking inside this envelope sent to my boyhood address with my last name misspelled.

mmmsenvelope.jpg

marvletter.jpg

marvminis.jpg

mavrecord.jpg

I know I have the membership card, button and maybe the stationary...somewhere.

I also have the Wild Agents of Marvel package somewhere, when I find it I'll post that also.