• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 2 Movie is TOAST

208 posts in this topic

Just in case you fanboys missed it, Universal has decided not to lose another truckload of money on a Hulk 2 sequel, and the rights have gone back to Marvel.

According to the article... Marvel is probably going with a cheap direct-to-video release for "Hulk 2." 27_laughing.gif

Just in case you fanboys missed it, Universal has decided not to lose another truckload of money on a Hulk 2 sequel, and the rights have gone back to Marvel.

According to the article... Marvel is probably going with a cheap direct-to-video release for "Hulk 2." 27_laughing.gif

Oh, please say it isn't so.

Well, actually...say it is so. 27_laughing.gif. I mean hey, if they decide to go cheaper maybe they can just hire ol Lou back into the lead role and forget all that expensive CG stuff. I saw him not too long ago and he's still huge. Heck, I'd buy it.

linky?? thanks.

The sad thing is that they could have really redeemed themselves by making a better sequel. I think anyone that did research for them could have figured out what was so bad about the first one. Get a better writer, hell, get Peter David to write ya a -script and get a better director like Sam Raimi or Bryan Singer and you'd make up all the lost money and make a profit.

I looked at Boxofficemojo.com and it looks like they finnish in the black and that does not include dvd sales.Universal did not make a truck full of money but they did lose any either.When movies like Spider-man and Batman Begins and Xmen came out they most likly use them as measuring success.The first Hulk movie was in the studios control,now it is in Marvel hand and I think the second time around they will call the shots.Let hope for the best,by the way Universal will still distribute the film. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

The scary thing is that the modestly budgeted Ultimate Avengers animated movie was 100 times better than the obscenely budgeted Hollywood stinker Hulk.

BTW, I picked up The Trial of The Incredible Hulk made for TV movie in the $1 DVD bin. Cheesy, but at least enjoyable. Much better than the big screen Hulk.

I looked at Boxofficemojo.com and it looks like they finnish in the black and that does not include dvd sales.Universal did not make a truck full of money but they did lose any either.When movies like Spider-man and Batman Begins and Xmen came out they most likly use them as measuring success.The first Hulk movie was in the studios control,now it is in Marvel hand and I think the second time around they will call the shots.Let hope for the best,by the way Universal will still distribute the film. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

But does that show how much they spent into promoting the film also?

I think they should have done enough to recoup all the costs when all was said and done, but the return on the producers money probably wasn't good enough to take the risks again. A 175 million dollar investment isn't a good one to break even on over a period of a year or two.

The scary thing is that the modestly budgeted Ultimate Avengers animated movie was 100 times better than the obscenely budgeted Hollywood stinker Hulk.

Just goes to show you, having creative control in the right hands can make or break a movie. Money should not be the object, but rather icing on the cake. They let Lee make his Hulk opera, and in the process kept kids from wanting to see/be one of the coolest characters out there.

Ang Lee make Hulk think, Lee make Hulk mad...Hulk not be in more puny human movies.

Hulk just want to smash.

Hulk tired, want to go watch The Smurfs now."

Ze-

The sad thing is that they could have really redeemed themselves by making a better sequel. I think anyone that did research for them could have figured out what was so bad about the first one. Get a better writer, hell, get Peter David to write ya a -script and get a better director like Sam Raimi or Bryan Singer and you'd make up all the lost money and make a profit.

and don't forget to turn down the 'saturation' dial on Hulk a few notches, too.

Hulk can't sleep! Hulk glow in dark!

linky?? thanks.

Joe don't need no stinkin' links. Links are for [embarrassing lack of self control]! sumo.gif

But does that show how much they spent into promoting the film also?

Yes it does if you go and look.....

A couple of things to note on there. It gives you the production budget and estimated marketing costs. I do remember hearing how this film ballooned over budget, so I'm not sure how accurate that figure is. The second thing I would note, is that while it gives you the grosses, keep in mind these are not the net profits.

In the end, I imagine, it wasn't a very lucrative investment on the part of the producers funding the film. There are a lot better returns one could get with that much money. A low budget horror film like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake will get you a much better return with far, far less capital investment.