• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 2 Movie is TOAST

208 posts in this topic

While some may find a movie like Amadeus to be great, there are many who don't have that same feeling about that movie. They shouldn't get insulted as having "poor taste" or "unknowledgeable" about films just because they don't agree with the elitists' view.

While I find "movie snobs" to be insulting sometimes, I find anyone who spouts out Box Office revenues as equating to quality, to be 100X more insulting.

Two words disprove your theory in a nano-second:

Phantom Menace.

'nuff said.

Here's another one I know that is a "JC favorite" tongue.gif:

Van Helstink - 120+mil Total Gross

It was one of the worst movies I've ever had the displeasure of watching.

While some may find a movie like Amadeus to be great, there are many who don't have that same feeling about that movie. They shouldn't get insulted as having "poor taste" or "unknowledgeable" about films just because they don't agree with the elitists' view.

no offense, but you're the first college-educated person i have ever heard say they didn't like "Amadeus."

confused-smiley-013.gif

Funny, I have a duel degree in English/Film (trying to get Hollywood to buy my scripts!), and I'm not a huge fan of Amadeus.

Funny, I have a minor is Film/Television from De Anza College in CA and I found Amadeus a great movie. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

no offense, but you're the first college-educated person i have ever heard say they didn't like "Amadeus."

confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe 'cause I was expecting DeFalco's 'Rock Me Amadeus' to figure into the movie somehow. Either that or I can't get over Larry Kroger being cast in this...

Someone please post a scan of an apple, and an orange.

Cause that is what we are really talking about.

Ze-

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

Boring

I said an APPLE, and an ORANGE

Not an ORANGE and an APPLE

You just dont get it do you. Now my point is lost!

Ze-

confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe 'cause I was expecting DeFalco's 'Rock Me Amadeus' to figure into the movie somehow. Either that or I can't get over Larry Kroger being cast in this...

27_laughing.gif I will admit it was a bit hard to look past that the first time through.

Someone please post a scan of an apple, and an orange.

Cause that is what we are really talking about.

Ze-

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

Boring

I said an APPLE, and an ORANGE

Not an ORANGE and an APPLE

You just dont get it do you. Now my point is lost!

Ze-

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

Sorry Ze

Funny, I have a duel degree in English/Film (trying to get Hollywood to buy my scripts!), and I'm not a huge fan of Amadeus.

oh good. more competition. hey nearmint, you're closer to this one than i am i think, can you take him out or should i send in the usual team

Here's some fun multiple choice questions. Just pick the appropriate US domestic gross for these three 1984 films:

Amadeus_ Beverly Hills Cop_ Karate Kid_

a)$234,760,000

b)$90,800,000

c)$51,564,000

It's funny how no one wanted to actually pay money to see the "Best" film that year. I guess the majority of moviegoers have "bad taste" in films.

gossip.gif answers (c, a, b)

Actually, I went to all three movies and enjoyed all of them for what they were. I don't think comic collectors have any more or less taste as any other group of people. Everyone has their tastes in comics, music, and movies. The issues we've had with the Hulk movie is that not only did Ang Lee toss out the original origin story, he tried to make the Hulk story in to his own philosophical story instead of a more action oriented story. Yeah, everyone wants great character development, but the -script of the story just had slow pacing and too much introspection for this type of character. There's a way to balance both that has been accomplished in other comic based movies that wasn't here. Superman, Batman, X-men, and Spider-man had a balance of these elements that made entertaining for all. "Hulk" just didn't reach that balance. I'm not knocking Lee. I think he just wasn't able to understand what the audience would want from this type of movie.

As far as the oscars are concerned, well, sci-fi and fantasy movies usually don't make the cut. These type of movies are never considered "adult" movies. Looking at the list as you can see most of the movies are more about "human drama" than about action/adventure. Sci-fi/fantasy/comic movies are never going to be considered "intelectual" enough to get oscars on a regular basis unless its in the technological awards categories.

I am either trying to make a point, or post a scan of the new lickable wallpaper.

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

apple.jpg

orange.jpg

There. That sweetened up this thread!

The apples taste like apples.

Even in Wonkaland, Lickable Wallpaper was doomed from the start.

Lemme see, you can lick it, and then another person can lick it, then 2 days later you can come back to lick it again..lemme think.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif.hrmmm..no thanks. crazy.gif

Lemme see, you can lick it, and then another person can lick it, then 2 days later you can come back to lick it again..lemme think.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif.hrmmm..no thanks. crazy.gif

and then BAM, you have herpes.

and then BAM, you have herpes.

Perhaps he infused the Wallpaper with Wonkacillian?

Ze-