• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what's the trick in sellng DC books. no wonder you can get a run at small change

39 posts in this topic

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like every time I try to sell a DC book for what 's worth no one cares.. then you put in a lot and the grab it up. Christo_pull_hair.gif

DC books must be the easiest to get runs at little $$$$

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

is this true?

WEBHEAD

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like every time I try to sell a DC book for what 's worth no one cares.. then you put in a lot and the grab it up. Christo_pull_hair.gif

is this true?

WEBHEAD

I think if only you can but maybe not... headbang.gif

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like every time I try sell a DC book for what 's worth no one cares.. then you put in a lot and the grab it up

Exactly what DC books are we talking about? That is the question.

And edit your post willya, makes mine look downright scholarly, and that's saying something.

Ze-

is this true?

WEBHEAD

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Throw up some HG DC BA Horror, or War Books. Then place a post in the Marketplace - see what happens. While I will agree that Marvel kicked DC 893censored-thumb.gif for years in some genre's - most notably SuperHero in the 60s and 70s, there are still a lot of DC Fan Boys out there.

"For what it's worth" is a slippery concept, no?

is this true?

WEBHEAD

Yup

"For what it's worth" is a slippery concept, no?

I was thinking the same thing. What is your definition of "what it's worth"? Full guide? If you're hoping to get that, especially if it's not a key issue, good luck. From my experience, most non-key raw issues on ebay don't sell for full guide. Your hopes may be a little unrealistic, I don't know.

There may be other factors, too. How much do you charge for shipping? That's always something I have to factor in when deciding whether to bid on an auction.

Mid grade books at almost 50% off. I use priorty mail boxes and just $4.05-$6.00

I have gotten luck with Lot's but that is 4 for the price of 2. Just seem Marvel always sells at a premium and DC barely scrapes by. Actually I am trying to clean them out and trying to figure out what is the best way if 40-50% guide is the norm.

Total number of books are about 5,000 with less then 10% DC. With college expenses looming I am moving everything except my Spider-Man books to ebay over the next few years.

WEBHEAD

Mid grade books at almost 50% off. I use priorty mail boxes and just $4.05-$6.00

I have gotten luck with Lot's but that is 4 for the price of 2. Just seem Marvel always sells at a premium and DC barely scrapes by. Actually I am trying to clean them out and trying to figure out what is the best way if 40-50% guide is the norm .

Total number of books are about 5,000 with less then 10% DC. With college expenses looming I am moving everything except my Spider-Man books to ebay over the next few years.

WEBHEAD

Guide is completely and utterly irrelevant on these books. Start everything at $5 and you'll sell a lot of them. If you want to get a mythical "percentage of Guide" you'd be better off donating them to a library and taking a tax writeoff.

I collect Batman, and am often frustrated at how often books sell very close to guide. I'm sure it varies, as I'm not buying mid-grade silver age, which I assumes sells for much less. But high grade Bronze, or low grade Golden Age does not sell for any significant discount, from what I've seen.

I collect Batman, and am often frustrated at how often books sell very close to guide. I'm sure it varies, as I'm not buying mid-grade silver age, which I assumes sells for much less. But high grade Bronze, or low grade Golden Age does not sell for any significant discount, from what I've seen.

right. But he's selling mid-grade Silver Age.

I second that on the DC Golden Age books,.... also too, I feel it may have something to do with the fact that most of the Marvel titles started in the Silver Age, so that's why people buy them more, as to the DC books like Action, Adventure, and Detective, were mostly in the 300's by the early 60's.

so they are more apt to buy ASM #1-50 moreso than an Action Comics # 354, now that's for mid-grade books, if it's high grade books then they all seem to do well.

Even good DC books are just so undervalued. Selling them on Ebay or where else you might as well give them away.. makepoint.gif

tonofbricks.gif

WEBHEAD

You are so wrong. The most highly sought after comic in the world is a DC. Key Action Comics have been going for Multiple Guide.