• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what's the trick in sellng DC books. no wonder you can get a run at small change

39 posts in this topic

Mid grade books at almost 50% off. I use priorty mail boxes and just $4.05-$6.00

I have gotten luck with Lot's but that is 4 for the price of 2. Just seem Marvel always sells at a premium and DC barely scrapes by. Actually I am trying to clean them out and trying to figure out what is the best way if 40-50% guide is the norm.

What mid grade Silver Age marvels are you selling at a premium to guide? 893whatthe.gif

Mid grade books at almost 50% off. I use priorty mail boxes and just $4.05-$6.00

I have gotten luck with Lot's but that is 4 for the price of 2. Just seem Marvel always sells at a premium and DC barely scrapes by. Actually I am trying to clean them out and trying to figure out what is the best way if 40-50% guide is the norm.

What mid grade Silver Age marvels are you selling at a premium to guide? 893whatthe.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Inquiring minds want to know... crazy.gif

Can you give me some issue #s so I can follow this trend. Just trying to find the right way to sell DC books at a reasonable amount. Perhaps my biggest problem is that I'm not sure what is good or bad ,,, were as with Marvel books I know the keys, and the trends

WEBHEAD

Seems Like Journey to Mystery, Tales to Astonish, and Tales of Suspense recently have been moving well.

WEBHEAD

Please point me to an auction where you received more than guide for a mid-grade copy of any of the above titles.

I have gotten luck with Lot's but that is 4 for the price of 2. Just seem Marvel always sells at a premium and DC barely scrapes by. Actually I am trying to clean them out and trying to figure out what is the best way if 40-50% guide is the norm .

Total number of books are about 5,000 with less then 10% DC. With college expenses looming I am moving everything except my Spider-Man books to ebay over the next few years.

WEBHEAD

Guide is completely and utterly irrelevant on these books. Start everything at $5 and you'll sell a lot of them. If you want to get a mythical "percentage of Guide" you'd be better off donating them to a library and taking a tax writeoff.

Having sold a bunch of midgrade SA DC's lately I couldn't agree more. Betweeen 5.0 and 8.0 the guide is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of whack. Getting 50% is a victory.

let me correct myself. I am getting more then 50% to 60% of guide. Not over guide while DC books either don't sell for w e e k s or sell at at 60% loss.

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Plus you take them to our LOC and he takes you to town boo.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gifsorry.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

WEBHEAD

let me correct myself. I am getting more then 50% to 60% of guide. Not over guide while DC books either don't sell for w e e k s or sell at at 60% loss.

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Plus you take them to our LOC and he takes you to town boo.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gifsorry.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

WEBHEAD

Well if you're losing money, you could just give them to me and therefore feel better about the philanthropic nature of the transaction. grin.gif

What's your EBAY ID, I'd like to see some of the disappointing hammer prices so I can gauge if its out of whack or just the norm on EBAY. juggle.gif

Can you give me some issue #s so I can follow this trend. Just trying to find the right way to sell DC books at a reasonable amount. Perhaps my biggest problem is that I'm not sure what is good or bad ,,, were as with Marvel books I know the keys, and the trends

WEBHEAD

Any key up to #252 When I made my original post, I was not aware that you were talking about DC's from the 60's, and my comment was based primarily on GA books. I appologize for any unjust remarks.

I originally posted this elsewhere but it seems to have some relevance here.

Just been searching again for Action 683 3rd print.

As a reminder I have the 1st and 2nd prints and have been looking for a third print.

By most accounts Action 683 (1st print) is a massed produced modern that is only worth a few cents.

My LCS does not have a copy.

So I go to e-bay. There are no single copies for sale in auctions. Out of all the ebay stores there are only two copies for sale on ebay.

One is a BIN for $1 + $3.50 shipping and looks to be a mid grade copy.

The other is for sale for $4.00 Plus $4.50 shipping.

Both are 1st prints anyway.

So my LCS and e-bay are no use.

So off to Mile High who have a copy (1st print) for sale for $10.40 plus $8.00 shipping and no third print.

So off to Mycomicshop.com who are out of the 3rd print. They do have a 1st print in stock for $6.40 plus $8.00 shipping.

So I still can't find the edition I want anywhere.

If I did want to buy the 1st print (which I don't) my options with shipping are..

$4.50 from an e-bay store for a mid grade

$8.50 from an e-bay store for a high grade

$18.40 from Mile High

$14.40 from Mycomicshop.com

ComicsPriceGuide.com says it's worth $2.50 and gets complaints that even that is an unrealistically high price for a 'worthless modern' to be valued at.

So if it's a worthless modern why can I not find copy of the third print at all and why would I have to pay between $8.50 and $14.40 from the main online sources for a copy of the 1st print?

Earl.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like every time I try to sell a DC book for what 's worth no one cares.. then you put in a lot and the grab it up. Christo_pull_hair.gif

DC books must be the easiest to get runs at little $$$$

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

is this true?

At least you GET bids Christo_pull_hair.gif

Wave a wand and turn them into Marvels poke2.gif
You don't even need to do that. I submitted 2 DC books to CGC. I checked on my order status, and walla It showed 18 marvels