• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Several old comics, and a few newer ones

3 posts in this topic

Hello - I'm new here and I'm not quite sure this is the right board to ask my questions, but I'll give it a try.

I have 3 very old comics found by my brother while renovating his house. Already I know that some of you are sceptical, as I've done some looking around here before posting. I saw a 22 page post about some guy claiming he found 2 boxes of comics, and that whole drama that ensued. I'm not trying to do anything other than seeking advice.

The 3 books are:

Detective Comics #98 - pretty bad shape, but intact and legible.

Big Shot #54 - similar to above but the cover is not attached, but with the book.

Looney Tunes Merrie Melodies #41- this is in the best condition of the 3, but still not too good.

Apparently they were under insulation in the attic.

What I'm wondering is, that given their conditions, is it worth sending them in to get graded?

Also, I have from my own collection, a few that I wonder the same thing about.

These are:

X Files #1/2 w/certificate

X Files #1

Witchblade #1

Witchblade #2

These are all in very good, to excellent condition. They've been bagged and boarded from day one and look as good as new. Are these worth getting graded?

I've had a small collection of comics (around 4 boxes) of stuff from the mid to late 90's. I have looked up values, last guide was Overstreet 2004, so I have some idea of value. I have no experience with CGC or with selling/buying other than retail.

Is it worth the money to have comics such as mine graded? Does this matter in the long term to collectors? Thank you very much for any advice about this.

Dave

Your's is a question best asked in the marketplace board.Scans or digital pics are always helpful.The 'tec 98 is a book that someone may want if it's complete and not brittle.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif