• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I get Stan Lee to sign one of my Hulk 181s?

24 posts in this topic

Personally, I wouldn't have him sign that particular comic. Almost any pre-1965 marvel comic would be more appropriate in my opinion.

I've got a TTA 27 with his signature on the interior.

thats what i'm debating. since he didnt write the book, but then again, he's stan lee, and his signature can really go on any marvel comic, imo. then my next delimma is whether i should give him a high or low grade copy.

He had very little to do with Marvel at this point, and personally I would only get a book signed by one of it's actual creators. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'd rather get Stan to sign a book that he actually wrote... confused-smiley-013.gif

He actually told me this when I had him sign my copy of What If: #1 years ago. It was something along the lines of "I didn't have anything to do with this comic but I'll sign it if it makes you happy"...

I still own the copy by the way...

Jim

It certainly wouldn't hurt the value/resale of that book like it might a Hulk 181.

it would be a CGC signature series. i certainly don't think it would hurt the book. i'm still hesitating for the reason that many of you pointed out, that he really didnt have anything to do with the book. but i have seen stan's signature on many books he wasnt involved with.

Let's turn the question back on you: do you want Stan's sig on the book? If so, get it. If you just want Stan's sig on some book that he was personally involved in, get him to sign something else. You should do whatever makes you happy.

Make sure he wears gloves and a surgical mask.........I had famous artist put peanut butter(FROM HIS FINGERS) and sneeze on my Detective 27.....................It went from a 1.5 to .5. ouch.

i saw an asm 129 with stans signature on it that was all smeared. either someone ran their finger across it to see if the ink was dry, or something was put immediately on top and moved. i assume a smeared signature doesnt decrease the grade but it sure does look ugly.

btw, my local comic shop is doing the promotion. you just have to bring your books into the store by march 12 and they are bringing all the books down to LA for stan to sign on march 14-16. its a private signing i think. if anyone wants details, just lmk, i think you can send it to them (my comic shop) as well. the comic will get a CGC signature series label.

I'd rather get Stan to sign a book that he actually wrote... confused-smiley-013.gif

He actually told me this when I had him sign my copy of What If: #1 years ago. It was something along the lines of "I didn't have anything to do with this comic but I'll sign it if it makes you happy"...

I still own the copy by the way...

Jim

Awww good ol Stan hail.gifcloud9.gif