• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will CBG Cover Controversial Issues?

184 posts in this topic

Well, I agree with you that the question of whether Rosa is a hypocrite has nothing to do with the topic under discussion. I guess....not wanting to collect slabs, but realizing that his books would sell better in slabs are two different things. If he was out in public, declaring how wonderful slabs were, that would be hypocritical. But that wasn't the case.

There. I think I tied that one up pretty neatly, don't you? smirk.gif

That still doesn't give Rosa "deniability".
I'm not saying Don isn't aware his books are being slabbed in order to be sold. The insinuation was that Rosa was being a hypocrite about not liking slabbed books. That isn't the case.

If he really followed his convictions, he would have asked/told Wyatt not to slab the books. So yes, even if he left it up to Wyatt, I do think Rosa was being hypocritical.

I'm not saying Don isn't aware his books are being slabbed in order to be sold. The insinuation was that Rosa was being a hypocrite about not liking slabbed books. That isn't the case.

Don Rosa was virulently anti-CGC, to the point where he would crack cases if you asked him to sign them. This was, of course, his right and belief. When it came time to sell his books, he apparently dropped his objection.

If he really followed his convictions, he would have asked/told Wyatt not to slab the books. So yes, even if he left it up to Wyatt, I do think Rosa was being hypocritical.

That isn't the case. If Don left the selling of the books to Steve, then it was up to Steve to sell them. If Rosa told Steve not to use CGC, then he isn't letting Steve sell the books, but is in fact taking part of selling them. It's not hypocritical at all.

Does it really matter? Ask him about when he comes back to "Artists Alley". yeahok.gif
It doesn't really matter to me, because I don't see an issue here. I wasn't the one that brought his name up though, nor am I the one with an agenda against Don.

Does it really matter? Ask him about when he comes back to "Artists Alley". yeahok.gif
It doesn't really matter to me, because I don't see an issue here. I wasn't the one that brought his name up though, nor am I the one with an agenda against Don.

No, you've just got an agenda against EVERYONE else.

Not really, I just have an agenda against YOU. hi.gif

Maybe you should pick a nemesis who doesn't routinely humiliate you? Just a suggestion.

Maybe you should pick a nemesis who doesn't routinely humiliate you? Just a suggestion.

I did. 27_laughing.gif

I did. 27_laughing.gif

Greggy doesn't count. He rolls over easier than your belly on a size 42 belt.

I did. 27_laughing.gif

Greggy can too count. At least to 10, it's the numbers after that he has trouble with.

I did. 27_laughing.gif

Greggy can too count. At least to 10, it's the numbers after that he has trouble with.

You can't count past 10 because you can't see your toes... what's Greggy's excuse? confused.gif

I did. 27_laughing.gif

You can't count past 10 because you can't see your toes... what's Greggy's excuse? confused.gif

Greggy uses a calculator to add.

I guess this is our answer from CBG???

Subject: Has anyone ever done any research on whether or not a majority of comics buyers give a rodent's behind about slabbing issues?

Author

Tony Isabella

Posted: 3/3/2006 5:16:15 AM

Yes, I know it's important to some buyers and speculators and professional graders. My own experience is that our readers care a heck of a lot more about the actual comic books and comic book creators.

Tony Isabella

LINK: http://www.cbgxtra.com/default.aspx?tabid=42&view=topic&forumid=33&postid=9019

yeahok.gifyeahok.gif

He's also a real wiseguy about this topic on this thread too:

http://www.cbgxtra.com/default.aspx?tabid=42&view=topic&forumid=28&postid=8985

"Why has CBG not covered important issues in the life of me, Tony Isabella?

I just want to focus on what's really important."

If this "Chuck Rozanskiism" wasn't such an accurate reflection of the truth it would be funny.

27_laughing.gif

Why don't you just accept the fact that CBG is a trade rag and be done with it? It's never going to be a source of hard-hitting exposes, or even negative news. Why don't you get on the Gemstone peoples' case over the Scoop's failure to report this stuff too?

Actually we should contact Scoop. The type of short articles they produce for news purposes would fit perfectly with notification about CGC's acceptance for review of Ewert's books and the forthcoming litigation.

Mark, do you read the same Scoop that I do? There is no negative news in that publication except announcing deaths. I will bring some real Cubans for you to SD if you get them to publish any such item.

You're on!!!! I am looking forward to smoking those Cubans! yay.gif

I guess this is our answer from CBG???

Subject: Has anyone ever done any research on whether or not a majority of comics buyers give a rodent's behind about slabbing issues?

Author

Tony Isabella

Posted: 3/3/2006 5:16:15 AM

Yes, I know it's important to some buyers and speculators and professional graders. My own experience is that our readers care a heck of a lot more about the actual comic books and comic book creators.

Tony Isabella

LINK: http://www.cbgxtra.com/default.aspx?tabid=42&view=topic&forumid=33&postid=9019

yeahok.gifyeahok.gif

The above thread is officially locked now BTW. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif