• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's what I got

10 posts in this topic

1 Adventure Comic # 433

3 Action # 440 441 436

2 The Phantom Stranger # 30 31

4 OMAC # 3 5 7 8

1 The House of Mystery # 217

1 Wonder Woman # 215

3 Superman # 284 276 302

1 Superboy # 206

2 Rima The Jungle Girl # 2-4

1 Ghosts # 8

1 Mister Miracle # 18

1 The Forever People # 11

1 Ghost Castle # 1

1 Beowulf # 1

Marvel

3 The Fantaatic Four # 139 145 155

2 Vault Of Evil # 19 16

5 Crypt Of Shadows # 5 12 13 16 18

8-1 Dr. Strange Marvel Premier # 3 4 5 7 8 10 11 12 (MP) #11

2 Chambers of Chill # 5 10

2 War Is Hell #8 12

1 Sgt. Fury #119

2 Sinbad #7 25

2 Incredible Hulk #178 188

1 Uncanny Tales # 2

3 War of the Worlds # 22 26 27

3 Weird Wonder Tales # 2 6 11

11 Son Of Satan # 1 2 3 14 16 through 22

6 Strange Tales #175 183 176 171 172 178

1 X-Men # 64

10 THOR # 239 215 222 223 225 226 227 228 233

3 Avengers # 120 128 133

1 Killraven # 32

3 Battlestar Galactica # 1 2 3

3 Journey Into Mystery # 17 18 14

2 Warlock 1 Premiere # 9 11

1 Captain Americia # 144

2 The Thing # 18 49 8 Defenders 1 Gaint Size # 13 15 16 21 24 25 32 (GS) #2

1 Tomb Of Darkness # 10

1 Devil Dinosaur # 2

1 The Human Torch # 4

1 Iron Man # 78

1 Inhumans # 3

1 Daredevil # 123

1 Santana The Devils Daughter # 27

1 Captain Marvel # 39

1 Doc Savage # 6

3 Marvel's Greatest # 56 56 57

These are all I had time to go through. I have a crate full I just whized through them real fast but I did notice that most of them were from 1970 to 1979. I think I saw 1 or 2 under that year but not for sure. Thanks & let me know what you think Tricia

Sorry to say Tricia, unless any of these are in perfect, new-off-the-newstand condition, you're looking at 50 cents to $2 each. If you do want to try to sell them, I'd lump all the DCs together in one lot on eBay. Then pull out the Dr. Strange issues as a second lot (might get a few dollars per book for that run). Perhaps do the same for Thor and Strange Tales and Defenders and one or two other titles where you have more than a couple of issues. Collect the rest of the Marvels in your final lot. Make sure to list every title and issue number of your lot in the body of the auction listing (or better, in the title of the auction if you have room)

Frankly, I fear all this may not be worth your time.

Now you can ignore all the above advice if you have some books in true like-newstand Near Mint to Mint condition. If you want to pursue this angle, you could post a very large scan of the nicest book you have for some of the other folks in here to critique (afraid the ultra-high-grade realm is an area where I really cannot be much help).

The somewhat surprising facts of comics collecting these days are that condition plays more of a role in determining price than does content!

G'Luck!

Z.

Thanks Zonkers. I pretty much thought that my self not because I know what The hec I'm doing but like I said for the last 4 days I've been doing alot of research on the net and you can tell what most people are looking for. I kind of somed it up that what I had wasn't it. But your insite has confirmed what I was slightly thinking myself. And your right it it wouldn't be worth all the effort. Because the rest of the books in the crate are about the same kind of books on the list. But it seems like such a waste to just throw them away. But anyway thank you very much for the advice. And at least my hair is saved now and I wont be running down the street mubling things! grin.gif Thanks again Tricia

I think you'll be better off looking in the Yellowpages under "Comc Shops" and calling them up to see if they'll buy a large bulk collection of books from the 70's and up in varying conditions below NM. If any are interested, bring in a few books from the collection (the older nicer ones, probably want them to be Marvel books) for them to look at. If they want to continue offer the whole lot at anywhere between .75-2.00 an issue depending on what you're looking to get out of the collection. Selling them to a store is probably a better idea b/c you won't have the deterrance of the large amount of money for shipping as you would on eBay.

Brian

I know it's kinda late but I'm back. Sorry all. But my domisic dutys were demanding my attention. Okay we all agree I don't have jack. I thank you all sincerely for all the advise. You have saved me a lot of time and wasted energy by the knowledge I pick up here. Hec I wish I would of found this site 4 days ago. I think I'll just go ahead and try all your ideas. And I will most likey give them to salvation or My son hasn't seen them yet maybe he'll want to read them. And then maybe when he gets to my age they'll be worth something. 27_laughing.gif Thank You again gentlemen. And if I ever run across someone that want to sell a Comic Book (worth something this time) This is the very first place I'm going to send them. I'm going to post one more mesage and if someone has the time to answer them that would be great if not it's cool. It's just a question for my personal curiosity. Tricia