• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where have I seen this scan before?

10 posts in this topic

I'm not certain, but I think I may have seen the front page scan on ebay before, offered by a different seller...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32739&item=2174238080

Anyone seen this scan before? It looks a little suspicious that the front and rear cover were taken using different backdrops, and it sounds like a leap, but his feedback alone would make me think twice about dealing with this seller.

Definitely hammer time. FYI hammer on the boards is comic-keys on eBay. That is a signature comic-keys scan with the bright blue background like that.

These are the worst kind of scam auctions, when a guy with tons of feedback pulls a fast one. However, he does have 14 negs, even against 400+ positives, that's enough to make you think twice! and three times!!

I wonder if he plans on just taking the money and not sending the book, or if he has a lower grade / restored book with which he plans to pull a switcheroo. I guess we'll see when the feedback comes in, if any.

Maybe power seller hammer will go postal and report him to eBay - hopefully. GOD, wouldn't be nice? wink.gif

Dan

Thanks for the clarification Bronty. Can someone here let comic-keys know this seller may be pulling a fast one using a scan that belongs to him? I'm not sure how ebay handles situations like this, but if comic-keys contacts ebay, they may shut-down this sellers auction if they know he's stolen the image from another seller/auction.

That's what I meant by "power seller" hammer. Contacting eBay is pretty much useless *unless* you're a power seller (certain $ value of trax. a mth., which criteria hammer meets).

He has reported thefts of his scans before, hopefully will do so again.

Dan

I will PM him - ps, if you ever want to send a 'private message' to anybody (basically internal email), go to 'my home'.

Just got in and read the Board after a lazy day in Heaven (had one heck-of-a-time logging in)! He's OK. As far as I know, he has NOTHING to do with I-Net and his friends. He owns the book, he used the scan (it's a good one and best shows it's attributes), the book is clean as a whistle, and the seller, in my estimation, until someone proves me wrong, is impeccable AND a gentleman! No need for concern here. He's the real McCoy.