• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ms. Marvel #1 Variants

44 posts in this topic

I was surprised that Midtown Comics in Times Square NYC was already sold out by the time I got there around 12:30 today! Went to a smaller store (the Time Machine) and the guy there said they had a line forming at their door waiting to get their only copies. Was forced to roll the dice (condition wise) on ebay for some copies! Sheesh! Christo_pull_hair.gif

I took off at lunch to go to a local shop. All out... but plenty of the standard Cho cover.

I paged through this and found that the art seemed to deteriorate as the story progressed (i.e. looked rushed to my eyes). So, back to the shelf it went.

I'll give later issues a look, but I'm wondering why Marvel chose to hype this book (not everything gets a sketch cover).

There are people out there who are really into Michael Turner Variant covers. This being his first Marvel cover may have something to do with it? I do not know a whole lot about Ms. Marvel but this seems like an attempt to capitalize on the Supergirl/Power Girl popularity from DC.

I have yet to go to my LCS. Usually he sells the variants the same day for less than 10 bucks. Hopefully he's not thinking of being crafty (knowing this is Turner first work for Marvel) and flipping them on e-bay. I don't want to flip it, I just wanna own it!!!!!!

Yeah I think these are going to stay a little high. Look at the New Avengers Variant. That one climbed up and has stayed up for over a year. That's not saying much after a couple of years but in the near future it is.