• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Adventure Comics 247

10 posts in this topic

Nice Fine+ book except there is a 2 1/2" cover split along the spine from the bottom staple down. Cover and all pages attached at both staples. Small sliver missing from bottom right corner of front cover (visble in scan). Otherwise nice, tight and flat. What would it grade? confused-smiley-013.gif

popcorn.gif

adventure247f.jpg

adventure247b.jpg

I kind of feel like this is the type of book that gets a "+" added at the end of the grade - if for no other reason than it looks nicer than it's technical grade. Technically with the split, it's probably no better than 4.0, but I wouldn't feel awful about calling it a "VG+" just because it looks nicer.

I kind of feel like this is the type of book that gets a "+" added at the end of the grade - if for no other reason than it looks nicer than it's technical grade. Technically with the split, it's probably no better than 4.0, but I wouldn't feel awful about calling it a "VG+" just because it looks nicer.

Geez, actually by Overstreet standards, that split brings it down to a 1.5 -2.0. If it weren't for that (and the little missing sliver), this book is nice sweet mid-grade copy that could grade a 6.0. Because of what book it is, and the otherwise nice eye appeal, I would predict CGC would give it a 3.5/4.0.