• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA!

13 posts in this topic

Damn , you beat me to it. People like this give eBay an even worse name. I sent him this email to see if he is interested in purchasing this rare issue from me for only $1000. Here is the email :

I see you have an X-men 423 on eBay for $5000 BIN price. Since I have access to thousands of copies of this issue, I was wondering if you would be interested in purchasing it for only 1/5th of you buy it now price - $1000. If you buy more then $100,000 worth, I'll throw in an extra issue - REMEMBER THAT IS A $5,000 value. Let me know if you are interested and I will list it with eBay. Paypal is accepted. For more information, go to :

Maybe I can make some good money here ( sic.)

Tomega

From the auction write-up, it looks like a joke. It sounds like one of the forumites playing a mock auction game. There are other comic message boards out there, so maybe he put it up to amuse his buddies who notice the same things we do.

-- Joanna

I agree Joanna - I think it was a joke. AS for other for other boards out there...bah! "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE"..(followed by decaptiation by longsword...)

And if we are nitpicking, the seller states that he set a low reserve of $5000, when in fact it was aBIN that he set for $5000 and no reserve. wink.gif

The auction was written tongue-in-cheek. Do you guys honestly not see the humor in the auction? Plus, he certainly got a lot of you to look at the auction by putting the $5,000 BIN. 893frustrated.gifgrin.gif

yah. i talks da english good. i yust have a little fun wit my new friends in dah CGC chat room. i hope ah dey don't do dah hazing ding here. It seems as though it took a considerable about of time for several of them to figure out my motive in my most recent listing. They figured they had uncovered a sap, when in fact I am a mope. Having discovered this exciting toy through my bestest buddy Tomega, I think I'll be participating a little. grin.gif