• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anyone have that pic of batman in bed with robin?

115 posts in this topic

Oh yeah. You have to remember these were being drawn by young guys who probably got a kick out of what they could get away with. They used it too often. Not to mention bolded it.

Other examples?

I understand comic publishers used to avoid using the word FLICK because the letters might tend to run together.

Of course, there were a couple of comic characters named CLINT... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Reminds of the snack-sized packages of Hunt's potato chips I used to get as a kid. They featured a 40s-50s style illustration of a boy and girl's faces, with him exclaiming "I Like Hunt's!" while she added "Me too!"

You guys just gave me about a dozen more examples why I won't collect Batdude issues. Some of that stuff is distrubing. WTF were those DC guys doing back in the old days and who is responsible for all that wacky dialogue. crazy.gif

..I think it was the editor of Batman back then,..guys name was Philip McCavity

I understand comic publishers used to avoid using the word FLICK because the letters might tend to run together.

Of course, there were a couple of comic characters named CLINT... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There was a Millie the Model character named FLICKER. Many times he's on the cover. Guaranteed Stan was messing with us.

You guys just gave me about a dozen more examples why I won't collect Batdude issues. Some of that stuff is distrubing. WTF were those DC guys doing back in the old days and who is responsible for all that wacky dialogue. crazy.gif

..I think it was the editor of Batman back then,..guys name was Philip McCavity

I thought it was Philup McCraken or was it the Neil and Bob brothers? foreheadslap.gif