• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Page Color Improves?

7 posts in this topic

At some point you have to ask yourself, why even bother trying? If there really is so little difference between cream-off-white and off white that you can't make the same call on a comic, why bother. 893blahblah.gif. I just wonder how many mistakes are getting through? I saw a Universal grade given to a comic with the note" missing page" within the last 3 months. I saved a scan of it. 27_laughing.gif

Has anybody else resubmitted a book and had the page color improve? Is it just me or is this one of life's greatest miracles? I can see page color getting worse in 3 months, ...but better? 893whatthe.gif Is this process as arbitrary as I am starting to get the feeling it is?

I think it is simply more subjective than arbitrary (although the two terms share similarities). It is just like resubmitting a book and getting a higher grade. You aren't going to have the same people grading the books all the time. There are definite and oft-discussed variances in graded books.

At some point you have to ask yourself, why even bother trying? If there really is so little difference between cream-off-white and off white that you can't make the same call on a comic, why bother.

Don't consider CGC or anyone else for that matter to be the all-seeing arbiters of a comic book's grade. Grading is a very subjective art and each person's view will differ slightly. CGC are offering an OPINION on the grade of a comic book and therefore variation and slight inconsistencies are bound to occur. As long as these variations are sligh,t then CGC (as they have done) will build credibility within the hobby for an acceptable level of accuracy.

So you actually resubmitted a book and PQ improved?

It seems to be rare that PQ changes at all. I think I have seen two resubmitted

books in Heritage auctions with changed page quality and it has never improved so consider yourself lucky smile.gif

BTW...here's a thread I posted about page quality some time ago, but it got very few real answers...I hope someone has more info.

How page quality is determined?