• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Howdy, I'm new here

8 posts in this topic

Howdy Y'all,

goodevil.gif

I'm new to this forum and I would like to introduce myself.

My name is Woody and I am 37 years old and I live in beautiful San Antonio, Texas

GO SPURS !!!!!!!!!

I started collecting comics in the late 70's and have been out of the game for the last 10 years.

I have recently renewed my interest in comics and have spent many hours, recently, rereading some of my upwards of 7000 comics.

Why I stopped reading and collecting, I have no idea.

I forgot what a GREAT escape reading comics could be (not to mention what GREAT FUN)

I don't collect for their value rather than for the sheer fun of it.

I AM interested in buying back issues when and where I can find them but the problem is that they have gotten so danged valuable that it is hard to find them without paying through the nose.

I would just as soon buy a poor to fair copy as I would a mint copy. (Again, because I collect for fun and NOT profit)

I understand that a lot of people like to have their comics "SLABBED". While I believe this is a FANTASTIC idea if you collect as an investment, it seems a shame to do so unless you have a reading copy on hand to read and share. I mean, the whole fun in collecting comics, to me anyways, is the sheer escapism in reading and experiencing them.

Don't get me wrong. I intend to have a few of them "Slabbed", myself, but I have backup copies of them on hand to read.

I used to feel like an outcast when people found out I collected comics, but I am SO glad that this has become a VERY popular hobby now.

Even some of my friends that used to look at me funny when they found out I was comic collector have now jumped on the band wagon and started collecting, themselves. Now if I could only get these guys to actually READ their investments.

Well, that's pretty much all I have to say about me.

Feel free to drop me a line in email.

I LOVE discussing comics and hope to get to know some of you guys and discuss comics.

Peace, Love and High Fiber,

Woody

imdraula@satx.rr.com

stooges.gif

Welcome to the boards. Feel free to ask any question you have about comics or collecting in general. The guys over at the comic side are very helpful and informative. Also if you get a chance at some point check us out on the coins side. CHRIS

Welcome aboard, Dracula!! You have been classified 1-A! Congratulations! All new fish please report immediately to Helg...'er, Joanna to be outfitted for their armor and battle gear in preparation for the upcoming Memorial Day Massacre against our sworn enemies, the accursed Coinees. 893whatthe.gif

Welcome aboard, Dracula!! You have been classified 1-A! Congratulations! All new fish please report immediately to Helg...'er, Joanna to be outfitted for their armor and battle gear in preparation for the upcoming Memorial Day Massacre against our sworn enemies, the accursed Coinees. 893whatthe.gif

Yep, kids against the parents. grin.gif

Welcome aboard the board. Glad to hear that you like to collect for the reading aspect. You might want to pick up some trade paper backs to catch up on your reading as they are usually less expensive and have more story for the buck.