• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk #102 heritage cgc 8.5 .VS. my cgc 8.5

20 posts in this topic

Yep the overflash has some marks on it, rounded corners, blunted bindary corner. Probably not a VF+, but a VF more likely.

Just so you know, a lot of these books that are consigned are CGC'd prior to their being sent to Heritage.

Brian

Submitting a book through them means nothing, they're the only people I submit through and I've never gotten a gift. Most have been dead accurate, I have had 3 undergrades though. The only people who look at who you're submitting through are the accounts who bill you. These Heritage conspiracy theories are getting old. :\

Brian

yea but a lot of the books are submitted by them or through them also! I posted a bigger pic but I cant get the camera to stop making grainy pics its not picking up the light

I can see what you're talking about..all other factors aside it does seem like the top of that heritage book is more dinged than should be. I'm guessing yours should be more of a 9.0 (without taking into consideration other stuff)

These Heritage conspiracy theories are getting old. :\

well dont blame me for that, almost every post on every website about every subject gets repeated over and over time and time again.........thats the information super highway for ya!

Hey Harry.... Good attitude!!! That's my sentiments exactly! Harry says, "If you want to pee with the 'Big Dogs', you have to lift your leg pretty high"!!

If anyone here needs my pal Harry's posts translated, please just ask! I've got plenty of experience under my belt interpreting hieroglyphs from my series of recent discussions with FF (Rudd). shocked.giflaugh.gif

Titan...just to add my opinion to the mix...both books are very nice and in fact your cover edges may be nicer...but what about the rest of the book..ie: gloss, color degradation,back cover, page quality(not just whiteness level), overall structure of the book... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think (JMO) that too many people think that the grade can be determined solely by the front cover scan...well, bottom line to that thought process is...it can't... makepoint.gif

well all other things being equal would you give a higher grade to a book with damage to the front cover or a higher grade to a book with damage to the back cover? or are they equal?.......damage to the front cover detracts from my enjoyment of the story........the cover (most of the time) defines the story with one picture......the back cover does not!The art on the cover usually will grab you even if its a title you dont like, good art will most of the time at least tempt you to read the story........the advertisement on the back does not......

If you had a book and it had a messed up front cover and the back was perfect would you display the back?? Do comic shops turn books over that have nicer backs than fronts? If you had an Amazing fantasy that had 90 percent of the front cover missing and all you could see was the A and part of the M would you turn it over at a comic convention because the back was complete? ? 893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gifrantpost.gif893blahblah.gif27_laughing.gif

Well...that's all fine and dandy...but your intial post was concerning the disparity in grades and I was just pointing out that it is the culmination of many factors that make a final determination in the actual grade of a book... flamed.gif