• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who are some of your favorite dealers?

47 posts in this topic

All of this discussion about favorite dealers has me thinking about some of the dealers that I've dealt with over the years and who some of my favorites are (positive instead of all the negative talk over on the comickeys discussion)!

I apologize if this topic has already been discussed...

Gary Platt: Gary's a mid level dealer that if you live on the east coast you've probably encountered... he's got a wide range stock of many books, sets up at a lot of local shows (Big Apple, Philly, smaller shows in NJ and I think does Wizard Chicago) Gary's a friendly, knowledgable dealer (as his occassional associate Oliver is) and has really helped in my development as a serious collector since I was young (around 19 or so) and I appreciate all his help. Great guy.

Bob Storms: Bob would probably remember me, but not so fondly. I remember screwing him once or twice, and I think he had a sour impression of me because I posted a fairly negative impression of him once on the ebay message board years ago. What time and experience will teach you: Bob is one of the finest dealers in the industry, has a solid reputation and carries a fine stock of books. I haven't bought anything recently, but when I have... I've never been disappointed by him. I check his website regularly and I have to say, most of you probably have dealt with Bob and probably had a good experience.

Ted VanLiew: I can't say much other than Ted's a great guy and one of the people I always look forward to at a show. He's fantastic.

Joe Vereneault: I've only bought books from Joe two or three times... but I always look at his stock, and it really is fantastic. I bought some high grade Caps a few years ago from him and they're some of the only books I've ever owned that I never thought of ever selling or upgrading.

Harley Yee: I think Harley's a gentleman (as another thread mentioned) and a seller with a solid reputation. I've never had a problem with him when I've bought books... okay, he's expensive, and sometimes there are instances of overgrading. I would say overall that the books are graded accurately, and when the item is hard to find, I'll pay a slightly higher price to deal with a reputable dealer.

There are couple of other guys that I don't know they're names (a guy named Koop who appears at the local philly show is a new favorite of mine) and some others at the national shows who I like, but I won't drone on forever.

I thought Ted was a very nice guy as well, not really pleased with his raw grading (NM's actually VF/NM), but offered refunds and has probably the largest selection of raw books that I've found. Joe Nacca, a bit of a grumpy guy. A little weird in that everything on his website is NM/M, very hit-and-miss. Bought 8 books from him, grades ranged from VF+ to NM+. Offers a return policy, no questions asked. Vincent and Steve (Metropolis), fairly friendly a little unorganized. It's hard to have an email conversation with them without needing to quote everything for them to remember what you're talking about. Haven't bought from them recently but when I did (a year ago) they were accurate NM's, just ordered a NM/M 9.8...we'll see what happens..Bob Storms, great selection of CGC'd books and a decent selection of raw ones. Prices are alright, will negotiate. Great shipping, great scans. He's extremely quick to emails, and ships quickly. If I had to use one of these guys it'd be Bob.

Brian

ha, ha, ha!!!! Thanks for the point out...

please strike the reference "remember screwing him" with "I remember two deals going south with Bob (all my fault)"

You people have gutter minds... damn you all. smile.gifsmile.gif

I remember screwing him once or twice, and I think he had a sour impression of me

Might want to rephrase...way too easy...giving you courtesy that bug or khaos will not tongue.gif

Puh-LEEEEZE Darth! Like I have EVER stooped to such a level! Now, Bug on the other hand......

Puh-LEEEEZE Darth! Like I have EVER stooped to such a level!

::snarfle::

I hate you guys. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Ahhhh! Sweet, sweet candy!

(and a GA Jumbo or Jungle comic in Fine condition to whomever can read my mind and tell me what movie that is from. Just remember my comic collecting area and extrapolate the genre to a movie!

And yes, it will arrive fatser than the prize Arrty got (sorry for the delay Arty - but you finally got it!) grin.gif

Nosferatu!

Tomb of Dracula!

Dracula!

Vampires of the Damned!

Damn Those Vampires!

Gypsies, Vamps and Thieves!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer!

Simpsons Tree House of Horrors

Plan Nine From Outer Space!