• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who are some of your favorite dealers?

47 posts in this topic

Pov, why did you put in the coinee marketplace????

I know! I know! I have corrected same.

I swear I THINK I used to click on CGC and be at least brought to the CGC area. So I did that now (post new software) and just hit the first Marketplace I saw.

To quote Poe.."I blush, I burn, I shudder, while I pen the damnable atrocity."

Some of my favorite dealers:

Steve higgins from Waltham MA - Outer Limits. A true gentleman and VERY fair guy.

Ted Vanliew from Superworld - a true gentleman and a VERY insane guy! Also VERY funny.

Harlye Yee - always prefer to buy from him in person but when I see box after box after box of precode horror I am in heaven.

Bedrock City Comics - met the tall guy at a few cons - forget his name but fun to talk to and willing to deal.

Ron Pussell at Redbear's - willing to talk and joke. Cut me some slack on some books I really wanted. Pretty intuitive guy as far as sizing up people. I tend to exmaine the books carefully but have yet to be dissapointed.

joe collector will call me some kind of insufficiently_thoughtful_person or something since I don't know how to do it... but here's a list, someone will probably follow up with the links:

bob storms: www.highgradecomics.com

ted vanliew: www.superworldcomics.com

richard evans: www.bedrockcity.com

metropolis comics: www.metropoliscomics.com

doug sulipa: www.dougcomicworld.com

Pacific Comic Exchange: www.pcei.com

Josh Nathanson/comiclink: www.comiclink.com

joe collector will call me some kind of insufficiently_thoughtful_person or something since I don't know how to do it... but here's a list, someone will probably follow up with the links:

bob storms: www.highgradecomics.com

ted vanliew: www.superworldcomics.com

richard evans: www.bedrockcity.com

metropolis comics: www.metropoliscomics.com

doug sulipa: www.dougcomicworld.com

Pacific Comic Exchange: www.pcei.com

Josh Nathanson/comiclink: www.comiclink.com

what no love for ron at redbeards bookden? redbeards updated daily! kool dude to talk to too laugh.gif

kool dude to talk to too

Yep. He had brought a full package of halfbacks in GA size he was going to use in case he found anything for himself to buy. He didn’t and he sold me the 50 pack. I had the right size GA mylars I took for any purchases I made that were not mylared.

Anyway, I anxiously slit open the pack of halfbacks and slipped it into the mylar. It was an absolute perfect fit. Just pure backing board edge to edge without all that sloppy look when the board is a little too for the mylar.

I had visions of the perfection my collection would attain and gave a little grin and shudder, saying aloud "whoa!" Well Ron thought was absolutely hilarious and made a VERY funny remark about the apparent lewdness of my feelings towards a good backing board. No other point but just to reinforce the personality a bit.

I think the real question (at least to me) is:

Who grades the most accurately (by CGC standards):

As a collector, I want the book in the condition that I ordered it: I don't want to return every other book, even if the dealer is a nice person.

1) I lose out on shipping.

2) I'm dissappointed when I open the package

3) I end up keeping a few books that I shouldn't have and years later sell them for a loss.

So;

WHO GRADES THE MOST ACCURATELY?

goodevil.gif

of guys I've dealt with on any kind of regularity:

Joe Verenault and Bob Storms... but I live on the east coast, so there are certainly more, but those are the guys for high grade that I find hands down to be the most accurate.

I've appreciated Bob's grading more and more over the years.

I too have had some very good experiences with Bob. Would also throw in Gary Dolgoff - he filled every single one of the Batman comics that I needed from 300-400 all very tightly graded and fairly priced.

DAM