• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRAIL on eBay causes fire sale

95 posts in this topic

well, there's no risk in that. It's only when you're actually moving the money you need to worry

What I'm saying is- before you entered into a contract with him to buy his art, you should have been confident in the whole process. So, placing a bid for $4,000 SHOULD have meant you were already comfortable moving that amount of money around. "Bid first, ask questions later" is an ebay disaster waiting to happen. It drives me, as a seller, CRAZY.

Aren't Escrow accounts suppose to be a way to add security for purchases, such as these?

Sure they are....but it's not needed in this instance. I have picked up more than a few pieces from this seller in the past. I have 100% confidence in him.

Chris Caira

Eli, I live in S.D. and will gladly pick up the pieces in person for you. If they get "lost" in the mail from me to you, however, not my fault stooges.gif

In all honesty, I have dealt with comicceller before also(got one or both of my HB covers from him) and would have no worries in sending him the $$.

I was at Fabry's table in Artist Alley on Fir and Sat. I picked up the HB secret files page from him. One thing I was amazed at was he just drops all of his pages/covers on the table like no big deal(I mean, heck, he can just make another I suppose) and the degree of disrespect people had just rat- 893censored-thumb.gifing his stuff was gross.

Mike

he told me he thought he was gonna have to be at the show all weekend to pay for his time their, but the first day someone bought a painting, covering all his expenses, so he just laid back the rest of the time

IMPORTANT NOTE: We do not make eBay Second Chance offers. If you receive a Second Chance offer or e-mail soliciting the sale of one of our items from a different ebay username, DO NOT RESPOND. Report them immediately to ebay(there should be a link in the e-mail allowing you to quickly and easily do this) and please forward the e-mail to us so we may do the same.

haha

nice of them to offer their 2nd copy of those paintings laugh.gif

and just to clarify, I have no doubt that the real seller has nothing to do with this.

I figure since he sells alot of high end pieces that his customers have been scammed before and he is just trying to warn the before it happens again. His only other recourse would be to run "private auctions" which everyone thinks are fishy and his bids would drop.

Mike

dude, I'M THE REASON they have that warning in their auction. Somebody tried to scam me the same way last year, and I reported it to them, and boom, all their auctions have that notice.

Mike, got an email or ebay ID on your attempted scammer? reported them yet? tell Comic Cellar about em, too, I'm sure they'd like to know that their warning is effective

Sent an email to ComicCeller and to eBay.

Now when are you gonna give up the Preacher pages?

as I told someone that i recently bought a couple of pages from, "Any pages I get now are like...", on second thought, PM me if you wanna know what I said. It's not fit for public posting, even by my standards tongue.gif