• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HUGE SALE !!!!!!!!

10 posts in this topic

Ok, here goes. I'm going to be selling some of the best of the best (in my opinion anyway). Once I've raised the money I need to raise, I'm putting the rest back in the collection. Anyway, contact me if interested in purchasing. I don't have prices up yet, and I'll try before I leave tommorrow on vacation. After that I'll be responding from my phone and messages will be brief. Nothing will be given away, so if you are looking for a 'fire sale' bargain, you might want to look somewhere else. These are great examples! I can do reasonable time payments.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=2507

Thanks, Dan Forman (westform @ msn . com)

Dan, on that Avengers (Iron Man) piece. How certain are you that this is the OA used on the book? I've seen this piece a few times over the past couple of years and I'm just not convinced. There are differences b/t the art and the printed cover.

Just curious.

Commission is the default on CAF unless you specifically change it.

In previous auctions this piece has been touted as the original art used for this cover. The cover was supposed to be a collage of separate drawings.

There are slight variation in the way IM's right leg is shaded. There are also some differences in his midsection. All of these are very subtle and could be (I suppose) a result of getting everything ready for print.

I don't want anyone to think I'm throwing stones here. I just remember having questions the first time I saw it. If Dan vouches for it that really helps.

There are slight variation in the way IM's right leg is shaded. There are also some differences in his midsection. All of these are very subtle and could be (I suppose) a result of getting everything ready for print.

That's why I asked since I was curious if it might have been a case of a stat being altered when the cover was put together.

Hi; sorry for the loooong delay. I've been out of town for 3 weeks and away from a computer.

I bought the item from Ruben Azcona in Canada. He is a straight shooter and said it was the original piece. Also, it is definatly Romita, I've seen enough to know. And, to my eye it looks to be the same piece as on the cover.... I've compared them closely.

I guess there are never any for sures in life, but this one comes pretty darn close. Dan