• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Give Up

22 posts in this topic

What's the use of finding comics you'd want to buy, if it takes a century to get confirmation of CAD shipping, and everyone else nabs them 20 minutes later. I really wanted these for the collection, and 1970's runs of Caps (even if they're actually VF) don't turn up often.

I definitely need a break from EBay, since as a Canuck, it's like running with your feet tied together. !!!Rugging-Fruggin-Ruggin!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33810&item=2174637389

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33810&item=2174637863

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33810&item=2174638241

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33810&item=2174638476

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33810&item=2174638959

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33810&item=2174639380

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33810&item=2174649640

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33810&item=2174649911

JC

just a suggestion, why dont you get a pal in US who is reliable and will let people ship things to them for you and then ship them to you. May cost a few bucks more but at least you could get stuff like this without waiting the extra time for an answer from seller. bid away, and if seller wants too much to ship to canada or wont ship there, all you have to do is have them sent to your bud, and he sends them on to you.

no pain no fuss

hope this helps.

That doesn't work either, since these days, some sellers think you're trying to run a Paypal scam or something, by buying through one account and shipping somewhere else. Sets off alarm bells with some.

I've missed some nice books in the past due to this, but this one really steams me because I want to complete my Cap run and I really like those comics.

I've just got to come to terms with the fact that I can't hit 90% of the BINs (who later state they will ship here no problem) and that I'm basically behind the 8-ball when it comes to EBay.

You wouldn't believe the [!@#%^&^] I'd have if I lived in the US. grin.gif

I met topcat77 b4 in Seattle, WA comicon. Should not be a problem for shipping into Canada.

Oh yeah, he replied back with a no problem AFTER all the BINs were gone. 893frustrated.gif

You should just buy them, because he doesn't say he DOESN'T ship to Canada. If he later won't sell it to you, then he's at fault, not you. But thanks for the pointer - I'm looking forward to the NM 200... grin.gif

Win them...and get your US buddy Darth to accept them for you, who told you he'd help you out beforehand wink.gif

I have no high grade cap nor any real interest in them (except for 110 since I'm now obsessed with the proportion/perspective issue) so I'd be glad to act as your US drop point. Sometimes sellers don't check their email addresses tied to ebay until the end of the day. My work email is different from it and I don't do eBay until nighttime really.

Joe, do what I do, which is basically what FD said: If he dosen't SPECIFICALLY say U.S ONLY, then Pull the trigger, and ask questions later. Those books were a great deal, and I would have done that if I were you. I have yet to encounter a problem doing this, as most are happy to recieve the quick payment. We are definetly at a disadvantage as buyers on ebay, and sometimes you just have to risk [!@#%^&^] someone off inorder to get what you want. 893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gif

That doesn't work either, since these days, some sellers think you're trying to run a Paypal scam or something, by buying through one account and shipping somewhere else. Sets off alarm bells with some.

I've missed some nice books in the past due to this, but this one really steams me because I want to complete my Cap run and I really like those comics.

I've just got to come to terms with the fact that I can't hit 90% of the BINs (who later state they will ship here no problem) and that I'm basically behind the 8-ball when it comes to EBay.

You wouldn't believe the [!@#%^&^] I'd have if I lived in the US. grin.gif

I have never had a problem with this. I ship US only auctions to my sister-in-law in SC all the time.

What's the use of finding comics you'd want to buy, if it takes a century to get confirmation of CAD shipping, and everyone else nabs them 20 minutes later. I really wanted these for the collection, and 1970's runs of Caps (even if they're actually VF) don't turn up often.

Most of those Cap auctions ended within 8 minutes so you didn't have much of a chance to begin with. frown.gif

if anyone who lives outside the lower 48 states who wants a book that a seller won't ship internationally. i will do for you what i did for greggy, have the seller ship it to me and i'll ship the item(s) to you. nuff said 893scratchchin-thumb.gifmakepoint.gifgoodevil.gif

You should just buy them, because he doesn't say he DOESN'T ship to Canada. If he later won't sell it to you, then he's at fault, not you. But thanks for the pointer - I'm looking forward to the NM 200... grin.gif

Joe, I ignore any seller's rule that says USA only. Out of the 20 or 30 I've ignored, only one gave me a neg - which was funny 'cause I was the only bidder. The rest, I had no problems with. I find that the really ones that don't want to ship outside USA will mention it again in their item description somewhere like

"this includes Canada" or something to that effect. Feel bad for your as the prices for these were sweet. frown.gif

On the other hand...

I've got all of these in my collection and they're not for sale. tongue.gif

Most of those Cap auctions ended within 8 minutes so you didn't have much of a chance to begin with. frown.gif

(Edited by Mods - This appears to be where a flame war started due to some choice words.)

The guy was mass listing high-grade Iron Man and Cap books, so I went to his auction list and refreshed as he added new ones. Once I saw the Cap lots start showing up, I emailed ASAP, and actually received a reply back from the seller about 10 seconds after nochips grabbed the last one.

This is a pretty common practice and one of the best ways to get some deals.

I ALWAYS ignore the 'US only' part of the item description. Of all the times I've contacted the seller before bidding(to ask if they will ship to Canada), only ONCE has the seller said; "NO....I cannot." I have never dealt with a seller that was unwilling to send a package to Canada, as long as I paid the appropriate shipping. I haven't been buying all that much lately, but when I see auctions that say "US ONLY", I refuse to deal with that Seller. I mean, I find it completely absurd that a seller can complain about the HIGHEST BIDDER of their auction. You don't want my money......I won't give it to you. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here's a reply back from a BIN I almost took:

No I am sorry I will not ship to Canada due to the list of forms and time consumption.

I'm hearing this more and more, especially from people who aren't dealers.