• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #99 Barry Smith Art

16 posts in this topic

9.0 Lower left corner has a minor issue also. Also an impact on lower right edge. This also looks like one of those comics that has a lack of appeal because it is dirty or something. Lack of cover gloss?

9.0 Lower left corner has a minor issue also. Also an impact on lower right edge. This also looks like one of those comics that has a lack of appeal because it is dirty or something. Lack of cover gloss?

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Not an expert opinion but every copy of this issue that I have seen, has that flat look. Possibly due to the black background. confused-smiley-013.gif

9.2/9.4 - lean towards 9.2 because LLFC has slight blunting and it is the type that typically acompanies slight splitting/tearing of the spine - is there a very small plit there? say 1/16 to 1/32 of an inch?

9.2/9.4 - lean towards 9.2 because LLFC has slight blunting and it is the type that typically acompanies slight splitting/tearing of the spine - is there a very small plit there? say 1/16 to 1/32 of an inch?

There's the tiniest of nibs, less than 1/32", too small to even call a bindery chip.

You guys need to step back a little towards reality . . . grin.gif

Check out my recent grade my Avengers 98......flat, not glossy?

Not an expert opinion but every copy of this issue that I have seen, has that flat look. Possibly due to the black background. confused-smiley-013.gif

Divad,

Nice book 9.2

There's the tiniest of nibs, less than 1/32", too small to even call a bindery chip.

You guys need to step back a little towards reality . . . grin.gif

i couldn't wait to hear the comment --i knew there would be one--but hey i was right wasn't I? yay.gif

c'mon i was jus playin'-- beautiful book!

Check out my recent grade my Avengers 98......flat, not glossy?

Divad,

Nice book 9.2

I've changed my mind......doctored scans(too many pixels) and non production related defects bring this down to a 4.0. Aren't all pre 1975 books in VG condition on average anyway. poke2.gif