• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mylites? New to this idea....

43 posts in this topic

For my moderns I use 1 Mylite and 1 Halfback per 2 comic-books, one on each side of the halfback. I use Regular Size and they're not snug. Enough room for 2 comic-books.

Anyone else do this? Sounds economical for my moderns, yet providing protection.

You can fit 2 48 pages comic-books and there's room. I tought of doing this because you can use both sides of the halfback, so there's no damaging to the comic-books.

How about doing this with a fullback?

I didn't tried it, but I think it will fit too, BTW I'm thinking of using Mylites2 and Fullbacks but for now I have some Mylites and halfbacks to use. I don't like Modern size for moderns, too small in my opinion.

Haha, I thought I was the only one who put two books in one Bag & Board.

Most of my collection has a book on each side of the board. So therfore it's easier on me for taking care of em, and not worring about buying boards. Unless I have the money to buy enough to bag * Board them seperatly, I double.

I used mylites with half backs for all my modern and midgrade bronze. Use mylites 2 with fullbacks for my good stuff.

I buy alot of mylites

Most people assume bolded type means you are YELLING WHAT YOU ARE SAYING

It does make it easier to read though.

Ze-

That's why I was bolding. I never ment for it to seem like I was yelling.

I was doing it cause, I liked it, and easier to read.

i have all my books in regular 4 mil mylars- i like those mylite 2's they are sharp but i hate using tape to seal them it becomes a hassle to me plus i don't want to be that guy who put a tape tear on his amazing fantasy 15! i don't use boards primarily because i don't like the way they look and the way i store my comics does not require boards!

Best advice given: Silver-sized mylars/boards don't fit in standard size comic boxes! I found that out the hard way. 27_laughing.gif I actually prefer the "tightness" of sticking Silver Age books in regular bags - most fit except for maybe the giants.

I much prefer Mylite 2s and FBs. Don't care for the thinner Mylites at all. I also find that HBs aren't as stiff as i want/need, so I only use FBs except for my more modern books (and by modern I mean Bronze Age and early Copper Age runs) where like some others I put two comics in a single bag with a HB. Works well that way and cuts costs tremendously.

Best advice given: Silver-sized mylars/boards don't fit in standard size comic boxes! I found that out the hard way. 27_laughing.gif I actually prefer the "tightness" of sticking Silver Age books in regular bags - most fit except for maybe the giants.

I use magazine boxes to solve the size problem. smile.gif

I'd be nervous having books too tight. It would be too easy (for me anyway) for them to get damaged when removing them or putting them into the mylar.

Back to back with Fullback or Halfback? What are pros/cons?

2 comic books with a Halfback is not so rigid. But it's cheaper with Mylites and If you are thinking of storing Moderns and you don't move that Moderns a lot, for me is perfect. Once you have the box full of comic books is, as I said before, perfect.