• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Persistence of High Prices for CGC Books

22 posts in this topic

Gene,

Thanks for the well worded reply - I can see that we agree on the ultimate fate of CGC prices in general.

I've never said that prices would go down immediately or in a straight line! I've

maintained that this could be a process that takes up to 2-3 years - I'm sure about

the direction, less sure about the timing.

I can foresee this being a 4-6 year process, myself. I think the slide will be similar to the fate of the DJIA over the last 2.5 years. We had a good run-up in comic prices in the late 80s/early 90s, followed by a flat period that lasted a few years.

If there was an active short-selling outlet for CGC books, I'm

sure that prices would be a lot lower than they are now.

Even then it might be slow... as the limit on shorting would need to be established as the number of that book in that grade on the census.

I just thought I'd mention somewhere that I've finally started to see a slowdown in terms of prices for CGC 9.4 ASM issues...issues 60-95 just ended this past couple days down at least 100 dollars from just a couple weeks ago.

Best news I've heard in a while....