• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got the last part of my MAJOR key run from THE bronze title..

14 posts in this topic

congratulations........but why is shaggy and whats his name in the same bed greddy.gif.......yuck! thats not right 27_laughing.gif

Not only that, but one is at the top of the bed, and the other's at the bottom. blush.gif

Congrats on completing the run murph...I saw this auction and one thing stood out that still bugs me...What the heck is with the "File Copy" designation on the label???... crazy.gif

Maybe this has been discussed before but can anybody tell me what this means and why it would be a such great import that it is mentioned on the CGC label???

I don't mean this to be critisism of your book murph...I am just curious as to the reasoning for this.... 893blahblah.gif

It's the publishers file copy of the book. Used as a reference for other writer's to look back on.

Brian

So is the book stamped "File Copy"???...if not what proof is there that it is a "file copy"??...what is the reasoning for the designation on the label???

I can see the reasoning for a label that says "Stan Lee File Copy" since it belonged to a famous person but what is the reason for putting the designation on the label other that to prove that it was someones "file copy"???

Does this increase value or collectability????heck...I could buy a stamp that says "File Copy" and stamp my books before submitting them to CGC...will my copy have this same designation on the label???

Curiouser and curiouser.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't think it says file copy on it, however it could. I believe when most file copies are sold from the publisher or whoever has them now. They are given a certificate with them or some form of authenticity. Sort of like how you'd infer whether or not a certain book is part of a certain pedigree, however file copies are nothing like pedigrees.

Brian

heck...I could buy a stamp that says "File Copy" and stamp my books before submitting them to CGC...will my copy have this same designation on the label???

Curiouser and curiouser.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

well it's been done before!!

and I'd mention who done it but the mere mention of the gentleman's name sends some around here a cussing and threatening.....Me. I always store all my books in file cabinets anyways so that when I sell them they will ALL be "file copies!" 893applaud-thumb.gif

does Freddy wear that ascot to bed? cant tell from the pic on the book cover.

has anyone seen the cartoon network commercial for the New Scooby Doo where Freddy is having a flashback and the girls at the party are all standing around and one say to freddy "nice neckerchief,........DORK" then they all start laughing at him. It kills me