• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

large lot of bulk comics for sale (88 long boxes)

43 posts in this topic

Have 88 long boxes of bulk books for sale. Comics are in alpha numerical order (with exception of a few boxes of indies which are semi organized) Comics range from 1970's - 2004 with no heavy duplication . Perfect for store stock or dollar comics conventioineers. Price is $5000. gainesville fl area, obviously pick up only.

I left off a 0 my bad. It still depends on whether you can flip them.

88 longs. There has be something to flip. But at a quarter a book? Needs to be at least 20 solid boxes of bronze that could be flipped for $3-$10 each to make it worth it.

88 longs. There has be something to flip. But at a quarter a book? Needs to be at least 20 solid boxes of bronze that could be flipped for $3-$10 each to make it worth it.

Especially considering the time and effort to go pick them up.

Really? One long of 250 books at just $5 per book is $1,250; 20 of those gives you $25,000.

You're saying spending $5,000 to make five times that amout on one quarter of the total stock isn't worth it?

Really?

More likely, there are far fewer than 20 longs of anything good.... Otherwise, why sell so cheap?

Really? One long of 250 books at just $5 per book is $1,250; 20 of those gives you $25,000.

You're saying spending $5,000 to make five times that amout on one quarter of the total stock isn't worth it?

Really?

More likely, there are far fewer than 20 longs of anything good.... Otherwise, why sell so cheap?

No I'm saying thats what it would have to be to make $$$ back in a reasonable amount of time. You cannot say selling 25k for a 5k investment is the bottom line. Cost of doing a show is roughly 15-25% of sales (includes everything gas,hotel,booth, etc) Less for local show. Ebay has costs, but I'm unaware of what an average % would be. Time is a big factor to consider as well (at least for me) but if they really are in order, that is actually worth more (again, to me)

Plus even with the 20 boxes worth $5 each, you are never going to sell through those at shows in a year.(unless you wholesale) Again the bay may be a different story. But .25 / book is not cheap (in my opinion) That's $55-$65 / box.

I will give you $1000 and can pick them up this weekend.

Selling them at $1.00 each is unlikely. Sales will be slow at 50 cents each. Average cost to do a local show with 88 boxes is $400 for tables plus expenses for hauling around 88 boxes.

You are looking at probably around $750 (total expense) average per show. You have to sell 6 boxes before you break even. IF your sales were double that per show it would take 7 shows to make back your $5000. If these were local shows that would take three years. ( a lot of work for no net) To move them any faster would mean big cons and much greater expenses.

You guys are something, 30,000+ books in alpha order including low print run books from the past 5 years is a steal. I think I did include enough info Since its pickup only one can look at the books before making a decision! PS $1000 for 30,000 in order? Sell me yours!

You guys are something, 30,000+ books in alpha order including low print run books from the past 5 years is a steal. I think I did include enough info Since its pickup only one can look at the books before making a decision! PS $1000 for 30,000 in order? Sell me yours!

I agree $1,000 is too cheap. How much of the stock is 1990-1995? Do the boxes have lids? How far are you from ATL?

he could mix them up and move them on ebay for $25-$35 a box fairly easily if he does have some older stuff that gives people hope (although he'd ruin the ordering). Heck, I bet he could move them by the box at a show for that much or more. Let's not be too insulting here. If they're bagged 'n boarded that goes a long way.