• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Tec 31 inverse grades - 5.0 and 0.5

IMG_1401.jpg

:cool: Alex, is your 5.0 the copy with ow/w PQ and has some tape on upper left spine?

That's one of my former copies. It's rough, but the pages were really nice!

Your talking about the 0.5 of course right? :grin:

Defiantly rough, looks like glorious road-kill / paper shredded slightly around the edges, but surprisingly is supple and very readable.

And the check-out type slip on the inner back cover adds a bit of character to it doesn't it? Thought that was cool! :headbang:

When I got the book it had a LOT more tape on it. I was able to remove half the tape with no further damage. It also had 10 times as much pink paper in the logo that I was able to peel off.

IMG_1401.jpg

:cool: Alex, is your 5.0 the copy with ow/w PQ and has some tape on upper left spine?

Defiantly rough, looks like glorious road-kill / paper shredded slightly around the edges, but surprisingly is supple and very readable.

And the check-out type slip on the inner back cover adds a bit of character to it doesn't it? Thought that was cool! :headbang:

When I got the book it had a LOT more tape on it. I was able to remove half the tape with no further damage. It also had 10 times as much pink paper in the logo that I was able to peel off.

Really?? Nicely done! :applause:

You dont have any before pics do you? Or know the story behind this copy?

I bought it from Rick about a year or so ago now, a superb reader.

It's fun to see complete keys in this condition from time to time.

IMG_1401.jpg

I bought that book and a Marvel Mystery #5 from the same source. The MMC #5 was in the same rough shape, lots of tape. I sold them both to Gator.

Here is the before pic.

det31.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

I bought that book and a Marvel Mystery #5 from the same source. The MMC #5 was in the same rough shape, lots of tape. I sold them both to Gator.

Here is the before pic.

det31.jpg

Very very cool, and again nicely done on the tape removal!

Nice to complete this 1-10 run to go along with my Mystery Men 1-10 and Planet 1-10 groupings:

(note: a Target 9 was a real b*itch to find):

100_7530.jpg

GREAT group shot, sir! big congrats.

Thnx Billy (and Sharon) - what I like about so much about Target Comics is that they feel like a Centaur-Timely hybrid on the insides (with Everett, Burgos, Mills, Simon, Thompson, etc).

I also very much like the diversity of the covers.

Oh, and some guys named Cole & Wolverton... :)

One of the very best early GA titles out there, IMHO.

Nice to complete this 1-10 run to go along with my Mystery Men 1-10 and Planet 1-10 groupings:

(note: a Target 9 was a real b*itch to find):

100_7530.jpg

Very nice run. I love the Spacehawk cover. I have a reprint of The spacehawk stories from Target #s5, 6, 7. Very cool stories and some of basil's best early work.