• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

And to get back to some group shots

Playing around - I put these group shots together - getting closer to finishing - less than 40 books to go to finish America's Best, BT, FY, Exciting, Startling, Thrilling and Wonder. The stragglers are from Exciting, Startling and Thrilling - the others are complete. Here's a few -

Great group shot Jeff! (worship):cloud9:

I was about to post this photo taken with my iPhone, and then I read the prior (very helpful) posts about location services. Plus, I've always detested the way pics from the iPhone will rotate themselves incorrectly on a PC even after I explicitly edit the orientation.

So I took a screen capture of my photo. This lost some resolution but it should strip out personal info.

Here's my True Crime group shot. All of the US editions, and two Canadian ones. Still looking for additional Canadian issues.

True_Crime_Group_Shot_Anon.jpg

Playing around - I put these group shots together - getting closer to finishing - less than 40 books to go to finish America's Best, BT, FY, Exciting, Startling, Thrilling and Wonder. The stragglers are from Exciting, Startling and Thrilling - the others are complete. Here's a few -

Great group shot Jeff! (worship):cloud9:

+1 ... Outstanding (thumbs u

One shot before I break up the group.

I turned that around for you and added a few.

This is an OT, geeky sidenote with a little background on iPhone photos.

The problem with innocuous' photo is that it uses the JPEG-EXIF tag for specifying a rotation. Macs will show such images as intended but PC's will not. The best solution is always to remember holding the iPhone/iPad with the button to the right when taking the photo (which I often forget).

Another issue with iPhones is that you have to remember to turn "location services" off in the settings, otherwise it is easy to see from their geotags exactly where they were taken. You can download plug-ins to your browser that will show the geotags when you click on any photo. You can then copy-paste the tags into Google maps and see the home. Quite a few photos posted on these boards have geotags.

If you are not interested in all this, one particular scenario to be aware of is if you are nice enough to allow guests to take pictures of your collectibles in your home and they later post them online. If their camera had geotags enabled, any thief who sees the photos online will know the exact address where the items are located.

Anyway, just trying to help.

Great tip. Thanks. (thumbs u

That is a great tip. Another tip if you are using Photobucket would be to go into Account Settings under the Privacy tab - Here are some of the options you select or deselect.

Allow others to copy my photos & videos

Allow comments in my albums Show where my photos were taken

When I upload, permanently remove information about where my photos were taken

When I upload, scramble my file names to make my links hard to guess

d67f0c91_zpsd49df01c.jpg

19fa1af6_zps625678e9.jpg

dd1fc099_zpsc46276ba.jpg

Amazing. I can't imagine the dedication, focus and hard work it took to complete those runs. Great work :golfclap:

Edited by Twistty1

Finally found some of my 1940 Superman Puzzles and decided to take a group shot. I still need to find the box with the remaining ones.

sup-PUZZLES-1.jpg

I don't know how I missed this shot, but those are awesome. I like this kind of memorabilia almost as much as the comics that inspired them.

My new Batman set is slowly coming together. I plan to collect 1 -11, 20 and 25 for now. Might extend it to include 12 - 15, but not sure yet

Batmanset_zps9eec2cb9.jpg

:luhv:

My new Batman set is slowly coming together. I plan to collect 1 -11, 20 and 25 for now. Might extend it to include 12 - 15, but not sure yet

Hey Bill, thats some impressive line up you got going on. (worship)(worship)(worship)

1947414943_eb26b072d3_z.jpg

Batman 13 is kind of hard to pass up although I do like 20 and 25.