• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xmen 94 cgc 9.8 sold for $25 000

82 posts in this topic

He got it from Brulato/Ewert. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

you sure, ewert's best copy was his personal 9.6 and it looked nothing like this.

You think it was on eBay? Puhleeze. He paid $20K plus around a few Ks in trade according to an old post. Although he said he bought it from Brulato, you think Ewert wasn't involved? poke2.gif

I'm just saying that I don't think Ewert's 9.6 personal copy made it to ebay...i talked to him about it a couple of years ago....you got the facts so coolio....

makepoint.gif

You go, R2D2! headbang.gif

yay.gif

BTW, hook me up with M. Ford. tongue.gif

Hook me up w/some CGC JIMs & I'll consider it......... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not for sale tongue.gif what are you looking for?

you sure, ewert's best copy was his personal 9.6 and it looked nothing like this.

You think it was on eBay? Puhleeze. He paid $20K plus around a few Ks in trade according to an old post. Although he said he bought it from Brulato, you think Ewert wasn't involved? poke2.gif

I'm just saying that I don't think Ewert's 9.6 personal copy made it to ebay...i talked to him about it a couple of years ago....you got the facts so coolio....

makepoint.gif

yay.gif

CGC 9.4 JIM 112 gossip.gif

makepoint.gif

yay.gif

27_laughing.gif I wish! I only collect 83-100 right now. got a few 8.0s and 8.5s....

Can i interest you in a X men #94 9.8 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

makepoint.gif

yay.gif

27_laughing.gif I wish! I only collect 83-100 right now. got a few 8.0s and 8.5s....

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

makepoint.gif

yay.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

goodnite all.

1. uh oh 893whatthe.gif someone called he of the short shorts out on this one. Wrestler

2. Wonder how many E/B books Doug ACTUALLY has. tonofbricks.gif

3. The more I think about HG Late SA / BA the more I think Original Art here I come. grin.gif

I think that's too kind Vince. I'd offer his mindset was to target and accumulate inventory that had specific defects that presented him the opportunity to use his skills to perpetrate widespread fraud on innocent buyers.

sumo.gif

I think we'll see more of the Ewert highest graded keys hit the market in the near future. I believe the Ewert/Brulato Hulk 181 9.8 is/was available on CL or Pedigree (not sure which one is which)... both copies are eeriily similar.

I was trying to think of other top census books Ewert sold before/during the fiasco...

ASM 29 9.8

Silver Surfer 4 9.8

Detective 400 9.6? I think

Green Lantern 76 9.6

X-Men 94 9.6 (3-4) copies

What makes you think Ewert collected comics? confused-smiley-013.gif

In his mindset, didn't he just "accumulate inventory"?

Did Ewert have a SS #4 9.8? anyone have a scan?

Also, the GL 76 9.6 did not sell, publically any way.

Roy.

Since this is bronze age, I'm sure JC has a stack of NMs sitting somewhere, but hasn't got around to submitting any. poke2.gif

sign-funnypost.gif yeah, right next to the pile of GI JoE 21s he has too.

When did you two start collecting comics, 2001? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Since this is bronze age, I'm sure JC has a stack of NMs sitting somewhere, but hasn't got around to submitting any. poke2.gif

1983, thank you.

No, 2001 was when I took my retirement and child's college fund and began investing and speculating in comics. I saw some article in Forbes or the Wallstreet Journal about it and new it was the right thing to do with my families finances for our secure future. wink.gif

No, 2001 was when I took my retirement and child's college fund and began investing and speculating in comics. I saw some article in Forbes or the Wallstreet Journal about it and new it was the right thing to do with my families finances for our secure future. wink.gif

In that case PM me, because I have a bunch of books that would make great investments. devil.gifpoke2.gif

In that case PM me, because I have a bunch of books that would make great investments. devil.gifpoke2.gif

Sure, I just have to sell some of my Star Wars Phantom Menace figures first. grin.gif