• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicBook Shop Then and Now......</>

65 posts in this topic

Yeah, but who wants to watch three hours of a Goth Princess leaning over the back issues, pretending to do work, while balding guys with pony-tails try to impress her by buying copies of Teen Titans?

I mean, other than Bugaboo? tongue.gif

Now you wait just a damn minute you dirty..................sigh.............you're right. frown.gif

I think comicshop of our millenium will be all on-line, no more going to your corner shop to pick an issue of your favorite Marvel or D.C. 893frustrated.gifgoodevil.gifmakepoint.gifinsane.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

Is this a step backwards or forwards when it comes to getting your favorite comics online and not able to converse with your buddys at the store about a story line or characters? They might as well put them on cd and read it on your computer??!!... flamed.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif

Garthgantu- I'm originally from The Bronx. Moved to Huntington in 1988. The store is on Jericho Tpke. 1/4 west of Rte.110. Next time you come back check it out. I don't know the other places you refer to.

Man, I'm in Alabama and there's nothing around here. The nearest comic shop(s) is 45 miles up the road and being a back issue collector there's hardly nothing of interest at either one for me. The stores basically cater to the new comics, Magic, action figures, Heroclix-crowd. One has a pretty good selection of back issues, but nothing to be excited about.

Does anybody remember when comic sellers used to rent space at the neighborhood mall and set up shop right in the center aisles? That was the glory years...and that copy of FF No. 1 seemed so expensive back then. Compared to today, that was cheap.