• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOD #7 CGC 9.8 ( Holy $*&%)

21 posts in this topic

This is the kind of common crepe book that will be resold for $25 in a few years.

i almost fell off of my chair when i saw the end price. I had my excel spreadsheet open and ready to enter $100 and something. Then it shot up! insane.gif

I just meant that "common" (ie. unsellable raw) comics like this are getting insane prices in CGC 9.8, but by the same token, are most susceptible to a market downturn.

If people aren't spending big bucks for it raw, don't pay bigger bucks for it slabbed.

I just meant that "common" (ie. unsellable raw) comics like this are getting insane prices in CGC 9.8, but by the same token, are most susceptible to a market downturn.

If people aren't spending big bucks for it raw, don't pay bigger bucks for it slabbed.

I love it when Heritage and SNE auction off runs of titles like TOD in CGC form because there are always a few that slip through for under slab costs grin.gif

Astounded someone would pay over $300 for a mediocre, non-key Dracula. Heck, it does not even have an eye-pleasing Gil Kane cover. makepoint.gif

can you say "label whore?" 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gifboo.gif

Well...I'm sure Slayersboy AKA Idealcollectibles has a buyer for the book already or in mind! 893applaud-thumb.gif

So you're saying that the book is unsellable raw? I thought the first 10-15 issues of this book were fairly sellable in slabbed and raw..?

Brian

Sure, but I was talking relative prices and demand.

comics like this are getting insane prices in CGC 9.8, but by the same token, are most susceptible to a market downturn.

This a PRIME example of the kind of insanity that CGC has started. A book recieving a crazy price in 9.8 (wouldn't make on a re-sub), is at best a NM- book with that mis-wrap. Its a $25 book on a good day. One of the least desirable books in the first 20 TOD's (no Adams or Kane cover or Blade app).

Classic example of 'buying' the CGC label. insane.gifconfused.gifflamed.gif

You mean it is bad that a 30 dollar book jumped from 200 to well over 300 in the last few seconds of snipe bidding. Hey, you can't blame CGC for this stuff, it's the buyers that have to look at themselves. CGC, to the best of my knowledge, does not forcibly sell books to anyone or put price tags on the books they slab. The old saying "a fool and his money are quickly parted" comes to mind. This buyer is the same type of buyer that spent 200 bucks on Harbinger #1 10 years ago and almost killed the hobby dumping it back for 20 bucks a year later.

This is just plain silly is all it is. Who cares how high grade it is it's a POS non key relatively common BRONZE AGE horror book of a 2nd rate character. Anyone that bids $300 on this is out of their mind or has more money than common sense to blow.