• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ECCC (Seattle) Dinner.....

16 posts in this topic

....any interest? And if so, how about Saturday evening April 1st?

foreheadslap.gif I've spent so much money on bass guitars recently (my new collecting vice) that I hardly have enough left for comics. However, if we can get enough people in, I'm all for it.

------Sid headbang.gif

1152883-alem16top.jpg

Mine? Yeah right, I wish. cloud9.gif

1152883-alem16top.jpg.2698110c862bf547565dcd1bce7edda0.jpg

foreheadslap.gif I've spent so much money on bass guitars recently (my new collecting vice) that I hardly have enough left for comics. However, if we can get enough people in, I'm all for it.

------Sid headbang.gif

1152883-alem16top.jpg

Mine? Yeah right, I wish. cloud9.gif

hail.gifhail.gif

That makes mine look like [embarrassing lack of self control].

That makes mine look like [embarrassing lack of self control].

Don't feel bad, I have about 20 basses now and this one makes all of them look pretty weak too. This is a custom made Alembic. They don't get any better, or more expensive. I'm not sure of the exact cost on that one, but I imagine it is somewhere between $6,000 - 12,000.

I only have 4 right now but here is what I am planning on getting next.

Well, you can't go wrong with the Geddy bass. I considered one of those, but instead I went back to his roots and recently purchased a Rickenbacker 4003 instead. Kinda' wish I had gone with the Geddy Jazz instead as I really am much more of a Fender guy anyway.

1153091-230425.jpg

1153091-230425.jpg.fa44f0e62c96073ecec4a52d278c0c98.jpg

Steve!

I am in... I would love to get together for the show!

This'll be the first show that I have attended in 15 years... I look forward to it smile.gif

I need to find a room! Any suggestions???

John thumbsup2.gif

I mentioned earlier that I might make it. Turns out that I won't be going to the con at all. I was a dealer at last year's con and it wasn't all that exciting. Hopefully it will be better this year for those attending. I think this weekend I'll just spend time listing on Ebay. For me that's always been more productive than either buying or selling at a convention. Good luck to those attending. Steve B. if you are reading this I'll see ya' in San Diego. headbang.gif

1171546-BCRich.jpg

1171546-BCRich.jpg.348d356eaaea05078fec0828383b926f.jpg

I can make it. When and where?

So far we only have a few board members. I will be bringing some other collectors and dealers so it looks like it will only be about 10-15 people on Saturday evening. We will all touch base on Saturday day to confirm...........

I can see how as a dealer it wouldn't be as fun for you but as a fan getting to see al lthe guys you read the comics of & getting sketchs and autographs is a blast smile.gif