• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matrix Reloaded (no spoilers)

68 posts in this topic

I saw the Matrix Reloaded last night - wow. 893applaud-thumb.gif Surprisingly, the theatre was not sold out for the sneak preview (they had 4 screens though, and it was past 10:00 pm).

There were quite a few action scenes that will make your jaw drop - in particular the highway/chase sequence. If you liked the first one, this one won't let you down. One note I should make is that there is a short trailer for Matrix Revolutions at the end of the credits - which are extremely long - but worth it for a sneak peak at the last installment. See it this weekend!

I saw it last night as well. 7 Screens...all sold out. And this is Indiana. I don't know....I am sorta mixed on it. The visuals were stunning, the story...of course leaves a lot of questions.....

-Jeremy-

I remember that I didn't leave the theater after "The Matrix" (part one)

feeling like I'd seen anything particularly spectacular...

After multiple viewings though, the first movie holds more meaning

in my mind simply because the story is so "anti-normal".

Personally, Citizen Kane bored me to tears on my first viewing.

Revolutionary for it's time, I'm sure...but I think I might have fallen asleep.

Maybe I should watch both movies a few more times and see what I think.

I loved the Matrix the first time I saw it - it made me WANT to see it again.

This one makes me not want to see the first one again, let alone it's sequel.

And Citizen Kane is awesome! I try to watch it every 6 months or so, and I get a different perspective on it each time I see it. It is literate, well-written, well-acted, has amazing camerawork by Toland and Welles at the top of his form acting out the role that was loosely based on his own and eventually became his own!

X2 was great film that surpassed the mediocre first film in the series, while MR is a jumbled mess of a film not worthy of the original.

Kev

Agreed X2 is a better film. But the Matrix makes you think more. It left me with the feeling that I missed so much, like I did in the first Matrix. That is why I am goign to see M:R again, simply to see what I missed. X2 will only be seen the 2nd time around in my home.

-Jeremy-

Did George Lucas write this one too? Feels like he did. Lots of useless exposition. A disappointing experience that makes X2 look like Citizen Kane.

Kev

Man, I couldn't have said it better myself. I was literally ready to bolt the theatre during the first 40+ minutes, where each and every character TELLS the other important story and backstory points, gives on-the-nose emotional crapalogue, and verbally explains all the actions that we paid to see played out on the screen.

I cannot believe that the well-written, fast-paced, thought-provoking original was made by the same people.

I want to forget about this movie and not think about it anymore. I'll give it another shot when it comes out on DVD, but this was a major letdown. MR is comparable to Jaws 2 or Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - mediocre sequels to superior debut features.

To help forget about this fiasco I think I'll go and see DOWN WITH LOVE on the weekend. It's directed by Peyton Reed (director of the underappreciated cheerleader classic Bring it On). Reed's tapped to direct the Fantastic Four flick for FOX. Reviews have been pretty good and the dialogue is supposed to be clever.

Kev

893whatthe.gif It sucked? 893censored-thumb.gif

Definitely, and get ready for the worst opening 40 minutes in movie history. Even the fanboys who drool over Matrix Reloaded admit that the movie starts off horribly, and some even admit to have "lost the faith". grin.gif

That's pretty damning testimony, and although the movie does get marginally better after that, it's still an extremely disappointing movie, right up there with Highlander 2 and Phantom Menace for sad sequels.

And I seriously do feel sorry for you;l I couldn't sit through that opening hour again.

893whatthe.gif It sucked? 893censored-thumb.gif

Definitely, and get ready for the worst opening 40 minutes in movie history. Even the fanboys who drool over Matrix Reloaded admit that the movie starts off horribly, and some even admit to have "lost the faith". grin.gif

That's pretty damning testimony, and although the movie does get marginally better after that, it's still an extremely disappointing movie, right up there with Highlander 2 and Phantom Menace for sad sequels.

And I seriously do feel sorry for you;l I couldn't sit through that opening hour again.

i thought this was a no spoilers thread? which means you're not suppose to ruin it for anybody who hasn't seen the movie yet. 893naughty-thumb.gif893frustrated.gifmakepoint.gifsumo.gifstooges.gifboo.gifrantpost.gif

There are no spoilers here, as in revealing events, reversals, twists or story points that would ruin the flick. Look over my comments and tell me what parts of the actual movie I have revealed?

Personally, since Matrix Reloaded has no actual plot, it's not even possible to post spoilers. makepoint.gif

well hearing the first 40 minutes of the movie sucks, is sort of like a let down. what you should've said is, im not going to comment on the first half of the movie....which would more than suffice. acclaim.gifgoodevil.gifrantpost.gif

Sorry buddy, you're way off. Spoilers are someone revealing what happens, what's said, or anything that actually occurs in the movie. As in, "Oh man, that part where Neo... " or "I couldn't believe it when Trinity...."

Saying "IT SUCKS" or "The first 40 minutes BLEW" aren't spoilers in the least.