• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matrix Reloaded (no spoilers)

68 posts in this topic

well hearing the first 40 minutes of the movie sucks, is sort of like a let down.

Pimpy, a small hint. If you don't want to hear anything at all about the movie, don't read threads entitled 'Matrix Reloaded'.

Nuff Said. tongue.gif

well hearing the first 40 minutes of the movie sucks, is sort of like a let down.

Pimpy, a small hint. If you don't want to hear anything at all about the movie, don't read threads entitled 'Matrix Reloaded'.

Nuff Said. tongue.gif

yeah, but this thread is titled NO SPOILERS, i haven't even checked the thread that reads SPOILERS. define the word SPOILER, better yet, use the word in a sentence. e.g. im not going to SPOIL the movie for you. sumo.gifstooges.gifacclaim.gif893Funny-thumb.gif jab jab

Either way, i'm stuck with tickets, so 893censored-thumb.gif it. shy.gif I remember falling asleep during the first Matrix since I was tired after coming home from work. Hmmmm 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ...am I going to fall asleep again???

you want somebody to argue with? 893whatthe.gifthat's your own opinion. makepoint.gifi got a question for you, what's the last movie you actually liked? 27_laughing.gif and please don't say X2. insane.gifacclaim.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Yo Pimpy, this isn't a Matrix vendetta I'm on, as I'm a big fan of the first movie, and I'm just in here talking about my general opinions on the sequel. Do me a favor; go see the flick and then come back and tell me I'm totally wrong.

As for movies I've liked, I have to say X2 since that's the latest one, but I enjoyed The Two Towers, Gangs of NY, Blackhawk Down, Bourne Identity, XXX, and many, many more. grin.gif

yeah, but this thread is titled NO SPOILERS, i haven't even checked the thread that reads SPOILERS. define the word SPOILER, better yet, use the word in a sentence. e.g. im not going to SPOIL the movie for you. sumo.gifstooges.gifacclaim.gif893Funny-thumb.gif jab jab

Well I'm sorry that the meaning of the word SPOILER eludes you, as according to your all-encompassing definition, any comment on the movie is a spoiler, positive and negative.

So if you don't want to see overall comments on the movie, then I'd recommend staying out of Matrix Reloaded threads.

you want somebody to argue with? 893whatthe.gifthat's your own opinion. makepoint.gifi got a question for you, what's the last movie you actually liked? 27_laughing.gif and please don't say X2. insane.gifacclaim.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Yo Pimpy, this isn't a Matrix vendetta I'm on, as I'm a big fan of the first movie, and I'm just in here talking about my general opinions on the sequel. Do me a favor; go see the flick and then come back and tell me I'm totally wrong.

As for movies I've liked, I have to say X2 since that's the latest one, but I enjoyed The Two Towers, Gangs of NY, Blackhawk Down, Bourne Identity, XXX, and many, many more. grin.gif

893Funny-thumb.gif

XXX?

Blackhawk Down?

Bourne Identity?

And we're taking movie advice from YOU? Bourne Identity was quite possibly the worst film I've EVER seen. Well, no, I take that back. Shakes the Clown was the worst film I've ever seen, but Bourne Identity was in the top-5. 27_laughing.gif

Here's a hint. Matrix Reloaded is supposed to be slow. Its supposed to be the setup for the final. Not all films are "chock full a action." I thought Reloaded was excellent - not nearly as good as the first one, but if you've seen all the other stuff, it was good.

Have you seen all the short films that fill in the backstory? Have you played the video game? Have you been on their website? Its all part of the Brothers vision for the entire trilogy - wait until Part 3 and see them back to back.

Well I'm sorry that the meaning of the word SPOILER eludes you, as according to your all-encompassing definition, any comment on the movie is a spoiler, positive and negative.

So if you don't want to see overall comments on the movie, then I'd recommend staying out of Matrix Reloaded threads.

im just bustin your balls CI, but i'll post as soon as i come back from seeing the movie. im surprised you liked gangs of zoo york, i liked that movie too, while others dogged it. goodevil.gif

XXX?

Blackhawk Down?

Bourne Identity?

And we're taking movie advice from YOU?

Nope, but I thought Blackhawk Down was a gripping piece of cinema, and definitely a must-watch in my opinion. XXX and Bourne Identity are pure fluff, but sometimes I'm in the mood for some amusing action. I also thought the first halves of Fast and the Furious and the Transporter were good, but the second parts sucked.

You didn't like Bourne Identity or XXX, no problem. These movies had huge problems, but I'm not an over-protective fanboy, so slice them all you want.

Here's a hint. Matrix Reloaded is supposed to be slow. Its supposed to be the setup for the final. Not all films are "chock full a action." I thought Reloaded was excellent - not nearly as good as the first one, but if you've seen all the other stuff, it was good.

Here's a hint: YOU'RE A MATRIX GEEK AND FANBOY

I can't believe you would even write that tripe. I've heard "set up for the finale" so many times it makes me want to puke, and it's the same excuse that kept coming up with Phantom Menace and Clones, ie "they're not supposed to be movies, but parts of one long movie". Blah! I pay 8 bucks for a movie, not a piece of a 3-part biography.

Here's another hint: Stop using fanboy-speak to rationalize a crappy flick. If it's slow and boring and you need to play video games and watch cartoon shorts to enjoy it, then it's not a movie and the Waz Bros should refund everyone's money.

XXX?

Blackhawk Down?

Bourne Identity?

And we're taking movie advice from YOU?

Nope, but I thought Blackhawk Down was a gripping piece of cinema, and definitely a must-watch in my opinion. XXX and Bourne Identity are pure fluff, but sometimes I'm in the mood for some amusing action. I also thought the first halves of Fast and the Furious and the Transporter were good, but the second parts sucked.

You didn't like Bourne Identity or XXX, no problem. These movies had huge problems, but I'm not an over-protective fanboy, so slice them all you want.

Here's a hint: YOU'RE A MATRIX GEEK AND FANBOY

I can't believe you would even write that tripe. I've heard "set up for the finale" so many times it makes me want to puke, and it's the same excuse that kept coming up with Phantom Menace and Clones, ie "they're not supposed to be movies, but parts of one long movie". Blah! I pay 8 bucks for a movie, not a piece of a 3-part biography.

Here's another hint: Stop using fanboy-speak to rationalize a crappy flick. If it's slow and boring and you need to play video games and watch cartoon shorts to enjoy it, then it's not a movie and the Waz Bros should refund everyone's money.

So because I liked it, and took the time to fill in the back story, I'm a geek and a fanboy. Fair enough - from what you like, YOU'RE AN EXPLOSION GEEK AND FANBOY.

Here's a hint for you: like SOMETHING that doesn't revolve around things getting blown up real good. grin.gif

Like I said, you're worse than Bug. grin.gif

damn, looks like im going to miss out on popcorn time....im heading out the door to go out. 893frustrated.gifinsane.gif

no popcorn time - just messing with Captain Negativity. He didn't like it. I did. Fair enough.

So because I liked it, and took the time to fill in the back story, I'm a geek and a fanboy.

No, that may have been unfair, but I've just heard enough of these excuses relating to the movie's shortcomings.

One of my buds is a big Matrix cult member, and he really disliked the movie, but keeps telling me how good it will be when the third installment comes out. WTF? A excruciatingly boring movie with lame dialogue, no plot, no story and meaningless action doesn't suddenly become a superb movie based on the next movie.

That's self-delusion in the face of a horrible production by the Waz brothers. Any movie, no matter if it's part of a larger set of pictures, must stand on its own merits, otherwise it's a scam of the paying audience who devoted 2 hours of their life to watching it.

Here's a hint for you: like SOMETHING that doesn't revolve around things getting blown up real good.

Yeah, other than Blackhawk Down, my choices were a bit tongue in cheek. grin.gif

On a more serious note, here's a list of some of my favorite DVDs on the shelf:

Memento

The Professional

Aliens

Braveheart

Pitch Black

The Crow

Frailty

Unforgiven

Predator

Spider-man

Highlander

Gladiator

Fifth Element

The Matrix

If you don't like those, then fine, but that's a pretty good view on what type of movie I really enjoy.

Edited to add: POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD

It was ehh, nothing to go gaga over. I went to the first showing at my local Mann Theater, and there was very little reaction after some of the key scenes (the brawl got a small reaction), and at the end everyone left...no clapping (I even think I heard a few grumbles about what people just saw). I stayed for the preview of the next film, and even that did not elicit a reaction. I live in the San Fernando Valley, and this theater attracts the type of young adult/teen that would have no problem whooping it up and reacting to a fun film, but that did not happen.

Heck, my MOTHER even reacted with a smile or a light laugh in all the right places during X2, so make of that what you will.

People will want to have orgasms oven TMR and say X2 sucked compared to TMR, and claim the film set a new bar for summer rollercoaster films...but I the totally disagree, as the bar X2 set has not been surpassed. Not that my opinion is worth much, but I would want to smack down an argument that TMR is a great movie (it was actually kind of slow and boring in parts, preachy too). X2 hit the ground running and never let up (of course some critics wish the film had some more down-time, but you get that with TMR...so I would say to the critics, be careful what you wish for laugh.gif).

I also agree with some of the on-line "critics" that the rave scene, and the scenes with that French guy and Monica Belluci were not that great (and did nothing to add to the "weight" of the film). The rave scene shows us a few nipples...and that probably gave the film an R rating (oooh, we get to see a few nipples through see-through/wet blouses, sigh...what a wast of the audiences time--if the rave scene was like the one in Blade...well, that I could get behind, a bunch of ravers getting soaked by blood and having their vampire "dates" turn on them, yeah, THAT was a rave scene that "worked," not to mention being a fantastic introduction of Blade).

I enjoyed DD, and although Joe C. calls the film Dulldevil, I can see how he feels DD is a superior film to TMR (this installment of the matrix really was a waste of many peoples talents, not to mention all the money that was poured into the films special effects budget).

Here's a hint for you: like SOMETHING that doesn't revolve around things getting blown up real good.

Yeah, other than Blackhawk Down, my choices were a bit tongue in cheek. grin.gif

On a more serious note, here's a list of some of my favorite DVDs on the shelf:

Memento

The Professional

Aliens

Braveheart

Pitch Black

The Crow

Frailty

Unforgiven

Predator

Spider-man

Highlander

Gladiator

Fifth Element

The Matrix

If you don't like those, then fine, but that's a pretty good view on what type of movie I really enjoy.

Liked Alien much more than Aliens - it was a quite good barometer of the US mood 1979 vs. 1985, I would say. LOVED Pitch Black - highly recommended. Crow was OK. Predator is tremendous, the best Arnold movie. Fifth Element is on every ten minutes here, so I'm kind of iffy on that.

And Gladiator. I think the first hour and a half is just outstanding. The movie should have ended when he rips the mask off and confronts the emperor. The last hour was, just a little contrived.

My top 10, in no particular order:

Godfather

Godfather II

Full Metal Jacket

Stagecoach

Matrix

High Society

Citizen Kane

Wizard of Oz

Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House...don't laugh - go rent it. The bit where Donna Reed describes the colors she wants for the house is side splittingly funny if you've ever built a house.