• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grail acquired, what do you think...?!

33 posts in this topic

i bought some days ago from Russ one of the comics i've been longing for since i've been loving marvel comics...x-men giant size n°1!!! cloud9.gif

i still haven't received but thought on posting the front cover of it just to share my "kid in x-mans morning" joy!!! cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

giantsizexmen1080705_70.jpg

what do you think?

just a slightly visible stain near the G and some small flaws near the wonder girl arms (right edge)...otherwise it seems to be nicely centered and with a nice spine/corners.

not restored

regards

ps- i don't have the back cover pic

Nice bright cover.... cloud9.gif

Congrats. 893applaud-thumb.gif

thanks B.

i feel like a kid waiting for this puppy to drop at my door...had to sell a lot of stuff to get it!!! cloud9.giflaugh.gifcloud9.gifblush.gifwink.gif

just hope it will arrive in the same condition has in the pic...or i'll kill my postman!!!

what's your 2 cents on the grade?

regards

I have very little experience with grade deductions for staining. Aside from the small tear & color-breaking crease on the right-edge, I don't see much in the way of significant defects.

What grade was the book assigned?

Nice colors. I had a CGC 7.5 copy a while back and the colors were fairly bland when compared to this. Too bad about the stain. 7.0

i don't have a confirmation, but it seems the stain is like one from a sticker that ended up falling off...but i could be wrong!

yes indeed the colours seem to be quite rich/vibrant!

saw some pics of several 7.5 and 8.0 CGC to compare and i have the impression it could stumble into one high end of the above mentioned grades 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

regards

Stain is only thing keeping it from a full VF.

Great book! thumbsup2.gif

thanks...that's my feeling too. laugh.gifthumbsup2.gif

how nice it will be near my 94 cloud9.gif

regards

You also have a 94 893whatthe.gif

Scan please! 893applaud-thumb.gif

i still haven't started scanning my x-men collection...but i'll be doing it pretty soon (or at least the 94 to present it to you)! wink.gifflowerred.gif

regards