• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grail acquired, what do you think...?!

33 posts in this topic

Are you on to Hulk 181 next...or did you grab that book 1st?

i'm looking for a raw Fine or better hulk 181 blush.gifflowerred.gif

Had to sell my copy to help finance my FF 1. Miss that book already. frown.gif

At least it went to a good home. cloud9.gif

I hate you. flowerred.gif

This book (hulk 181) is rather special to me, not only features one of my favs. character,s but it's the comic that was published/sold exactly on the month/year of my birth...so everything put together ends up being a rather special comic for me... cloud9.gifflowerred.gif

too bad is so damn expensive!!! 893censored-thumb.giftonofbricks.giffrown.gif

regards

** Side note** Can anyone tell me what causes the "yellow stain" around the red X_MEN

Every copy that I have ever had has been "yellowish" around this area. The rest of the white was really white and pages have been great. Just this problem area

** Side note** Can anyone tell me what causes the "yellow stain" around the red X_MEN

Every copy that I have ever had has been "yellowish" around this area. The rest of the white was really white and pages have been great. Just this problem area

The "yellowish staining" is the result of oil transfer from the inks on the first page to and through the FC. It is more common in SA books, and has been discussed at length here on the boards. It is a common occurence with this issue. It is also more "visible" when the scan has had it's colors "amped" by increasing their saturation setting -- as the reds are richer, the off-whites and whites will show their color elements as well. Notice the 'burning" quality of the reds . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nice copy, appears to be accurately graded, depending on BC. But for the tear to the RE, I think you'd be looking at a full point higher 893applaud-thumb.gif

Congrats! thumbsup2.gif Oh, and 7.5 sumo.gif btw

The "yellowish staining" is the result of oil transfer from the inks on the first page to and through the FC. It is more common in SA books, and has been discussed at length here on the boards. It is a common occurence with this issue. It is also more "visible" when the scan has had it's colors "amped" by increasing their saturation setting -- as the reds are richer, the off-whites and whites will show their color elements as well. Notice the 'burning" quality of the reds . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nice copy, appears to be accurately graded, depending on BC. But for the tear to the RE, I think you'd be looking at a full point higher 893applaud-thumb.gif

i learn everyday with you guys headbang.gif

that's some interesting/important info. i thought it was (possibly not sure) due to an old sticker...glad it's a "natural" occurence, rather than an "exterior" flaw! wink.gif

regarding the BC i was assured it was nice, no flaws. flowerred.gif

regards