• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-man 300 Splash page $5000

24 posts in this topic

McFarlane.

You have no link or attachment.

I can tell you, even without a link, I believe the splash to 300 was owned by someone who used to frequent the boards. He posted it here at one point. I don't know if it's since changed hands.

I saw that yesterday and thought to myself that there's no way that splash is worth 5k. Stranger things have happened though.

It's a disappointing image, really. You hear ASM 300 splash and think "wow, that must be classic." It's really not.

I'd put it at around $2K in a proper auction and that's only because of the artist and the historical significance of the issue. Not an impressive image.

I'd put it at around $2K in a proper auction and that's only because of the artist and the historical significance of the issue. Not an impressive image.

The image doesn't really have a lot to do with it in this case though does it? This is the splash page to Spidey #300. That alone would generate enough interest to drive the price up on the piece.

If routine Spider-Man panel pages from McFarlane cane sell for $1500+, I really don't see $5K for this page as being completely impossible. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If routine Spider-Man panel pages from McFarlane cane sell for $1500+, I really don't see $5K for this page as being completely impossible. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thing is, if it weren't ASM 300 it would probably be one of the least desirable splashes in the entire run. I'm not a big McFarlane fan by any stretch of the imagination, but even I have fond memories of his run and if I were given the choice between any panel page featuring Spidey and this splash I would take the panel page with Spidey with absolutely no hesitation.

as much as any of us can 'reason' out why this splash should/could sell for $5k, not a one of us is actually putting the cash out there. why? because that $5k is better spent on other mcspidey art. i suspect this would be the reaction of anybody with $5k to spend on art and that this auction will end with no bids.

as much as any of us can 'reason' out why this splash should/could sell for $5k, not a one of us is actually putting the cash out there. why? because that $5k is better spent on other mcspidey art. i suspect this would be the reaction of anybody with $5k to spend on art and that this auction will end with no bids.

I think this sums up all of our thoughts on this quite nicely.

For the second time..............

Though there was an offer (unaccepted) the first time around.

If it does, it is because the right person hasn't seen it. gossip.gif

I think this sums up all of our thoughts on this quite nicely.

Speak for yourself. makepoint.giftongue.gif

Agreed. I saw the title "ASM #300 Splash"... I could not click on the image fast enough... needless to say I was disappointed. I think the image is nice, but the OA itself is not in great condition. Without Spidey in the image, I personally do not put this piece in the 5K range... but what the heck do I know? makepoint.gif