• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Trading Card Values

73 posts in this topic

I don't know if you guys have tried to buy the "silver-age" boxes, but they still sell for around $150-$250 when they do show up on eBay. A lot were opened, hoping to find a nice sketch card. And YES, I'm talking about the BOXES, not the cases.

Yeah, but Silver Age and Marvel Creators are the exception. Most of the Marvel and DC card product is worth far less now than when they first came out.

I have the Marvel Masterpieces, but I'm not sure what this Spectra set is. confused-smiley-013.gif

Those are the insert cards that came in the packs - I think there were 6 cards, with each of them being a hero vs. villain battle.

A pic of a spectra card.....in honor of JC.

1159254-thanos.JPG

sorry, but the foil has always done a number on my scans. confused-smiley-013.gif

still they are nice cards.

what are the cards/decks with better art/quality?! always thought on getting one just for fun, but all the ones i've seen are the 90's steriotype in steroides...horrible!!!

if anyone has some info/picks please care to share...

regards

The first Marvel Masterpieces set has some gorgeous art. thumbsup2.gif

I have the Marvel Masterpieces, but I'm not sure what this Spectra set is. confused-smiley-013.gif

Those are the insert cards that came in the packs - I think there were 6 cards, with each of them being a hero vs. villain battle.

A pic of a spectra card.....in honor of JC.

1159254-thanos.JPG

sorry, but the foil has always done a number on my scans. confused-smiley-013.gif

still they are nice cards.

PSA 7 at best. wink.gif

Those are nice. I have the Thing vs. Hulk card. But not the other three. I used to be big into cards when I was a kid. That's what got me into comics. I have a few fleer sets of X-men and MU cards. Also a set of Spiey and a set of miscellaneous cards. I actually plan to keep them. They look nice. They were a pretty big part of my childhood--trying to track them down with my mom and everything. Plus they are even good for reference of lesser known characters, their powers and such.

I don't know if you guys have tried to buy the "silver-age" boxes, but they still sell for around $150-$250 when they do show up on eBay. A lot were opened, hoping to find a nice sketch card. And YES, I'm talking about the BOXES, not the cases.

this set is the equivalent in comics to the "scarce last issue" syndrome. By the time this set came out, orders were so low they were scarce from day one. Stores ordered a box or two because the last few sets just did not sell.

I forgot how sweet those cards were JC.

The Doomsday foil cards were just as nice. I will try to post some they are not for sale. Do you all remember the Punisher scratch and sniff cards. They smelled like gunpowder. And the DC holograms were really cool.

Why don't we continue this thread and everyone post a picture of their favorite card. That would be fun to remember and ooh and ahh.

can anyone post some pics of their cards coll.?! would like to have a nice marvel set/coll., mostly with silver to cooper age art...avoiding all those aberrant 90's!!!

flowerred.gifhi.gif

do the cards have some kind of info. on the back?!

regards

ps- if anyone has a set of marvel silver age cards please pm... wink.gif

I used to have an uncut sheet of the first Marvel card set,circa 1983-think it was called Famous First Covers or something.I had it autographed by George Perez,Neal Adams,Sterenko,Milgram,Joe Rubenstein,Tom DeFalco and several minor Marvel artists. Sold it for $75 around 1993.

carsd are BACK baybee!

well, maybe...

a little.

but seriously, I think there will be a bump in a few years. They were SO popular that they SHOULD benefit from the whole collecting/nostalgis thing being discussed elsewhere. But what may kill it is that whil ethere may be lingering desire to go back and get cards kids had or wished they could have had, I dont know if theyll succumb to the slabbing aspect of it and when faced with a choice of a $1000 9.8 or a $50 9.4, they just might pass entirely. Being a 90s phenomenon, there just wouldnt be much reason to settle for less than a 'perfect' specimen...except for the absurd pricetag they will sticker for.

Well, I do have a full set of the Spider-man cards from 1992 and the Marvel Universes set from 1993. What about the X-men cards from around then. I know there was a subset that made large foil picture of the X-men. And what about the cards that Wizard use to put into its magazine back in the day? There were like 13-14 total. Any demand for those? Some of them were pretty darn cool. Figure they would be a bit rare as a whole set.