• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM FF 48

21 posts in this topic

I think it's too good to be true . . . where did it come from? Did you happen to buy it from a certain reknowned trimmer of books? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Or, have you owned it forever, and specifically know its provenance? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifbtw,

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!

I think it's too good to be true . . . where did it come from? Did you happen to buy it from a certain reknowned trimmer of books? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Or, have you owned it forever, and specifically know its provenance? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

btw, <p><font size="6" color="#4A0095">WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!</font></p>

FF 48 was a warehouse find and is common in high grade so maybe it's legit. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I think it's too good to be true . . . where did it come from? Did you happen to buy it from a certain reknowned trimmer of books? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Or, have you owned it forever, and specifically know its provenance? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifbtw,

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!

9.4 FF 48 was a warehouse find and is common in high grade so maybe it's legit. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif
Quite, it also happens to be fairly common in restored HG:Near Mint/Mint 9.8 9 0 0 0 9Near Mint + 9.6 44 0 0 1 45Near Mint 9.4 59 0 0 11 70Near Mint - 9.2 61 0 1 10 72Very Fine/Near Mint 9.0 64 1 0 7 72Very Fine + 8.5 68 1 0 8 77Very Fine 8.0 87 0 0 12 99

Hi,

I picked this up in 1987 or 1989 (It's written down in my checklist book) for $80 in a Portland bookstore. There's one little indentation in the building tower near the center of the cover.

Is there some stigma for the blue background. I picked up some construction paper to use as background in my scans. I'll use a different one tonight. I'll be posting a couple other books with the blue background tonight.

Back to work.

Is there some stigma for the blue background. I picked up some construction paper to use as background in my scans. I'll use a different one tonight. I'll be posting a couple other books with the blue background tonight.

There is a ebay comic seller renowned for selling restored books who uses a colored background on his scans. When some of us saw the blue, our first thought is that the book came from that seller.

Glad to see that it didn't. flowerred.gif

Nice book. I have been looking for a raw copy like this forever. This is a tough one for me to grade. My first guess was 9.4 but you mentioned an indent on the FC that might bring it down to 9.2, my gut says 9.4 and I am sticking with it. Let us know what it comes back.

I think it's too good to be true . . . where did it come from? Did you happen to buy it from a certain reknowned trimmer of books? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Or, have you owned it forever, and specifically know its provenance? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

btw, <p><font size="6" color="#4A0095">WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!</font></p>

FF 48 was a warehouse find and is common in high grade so maybe it's legit. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Quite, it also happens to be fairly common in restored HG:

Near Mint/Mint 9.8 9 0 0 0 9

Near Mint + 9.6 44 0 0 1 45

Near Mint 9.4 59 0 0 11 70

Near Mint - 9.2 61 0 1 10 72

Very Fine/Near Mint 9.0 64 1 0 7 72

Very Fine + 8.5 68 1 0 8 77

Very Fine 8.0 87 0 0 12 99

That's 'cause some tards can't be happy with a VF and try to make a NM out of it.

893censored-thumb.gif