• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Many MOKF Does This Guy Have?

11 posts in this topic

He must have auctioned 100+ raw NM and 30-40 CGC 9.2-9.8 issues off already.. Now he's back for more!!

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=pandorn&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25

I pity da fool who's invested in this book. blush.gif

Positive. I bought a couple of raw issues off him and supposedly he had a huge trove of the comics, from some dealer backstock or something. These are all super high-grade copies, with only a few 9.2's sneaking in. At one point I believe he had 2 or 3 CGC 9.8's for sale concurrently.

I just thought with the ton he'd already sold, that he was tapped out, but apparently not. Scare-EEEEE grin.gif

Positive. I bought a couple of raw issues off him and supposedly he had a huge trove of the comics, from some dealer backstock or something. These are all super high-grade copies, with only a few 9.2's sneaking in. At one point I believe he had 2 or 3 CGC 9.8's for sale concurrently.

I just thought with the ton he'd already sold, that he was tapped out, but apparently not. Scare-EEEEE grin.gif

It is Scare-EEEEE

I spoke with him several times trying to get the "real story". I'm still not sure what the truth is. He claims to have had a small stack which I took to mean 20-30. It does seem like that's conservative. He first came out with multiple 9.6's and below last Thanksgiving... I bought a few privately. He then posted the 9.8 (Comiclink won) and a couple more 9.6's (and below). Then a little time passes and the same thing... 1 or 2 9.6's, and one 9.8. He repeated a 3rd time. Around the time of the 3rd offerings I contacted him again (as he indicated previously that the 9.8's were done after #2)... not quite, a 3rd showed up. One more that he did not expect to get a 9.8 I think he said.

Now here it goes for maybe the 4th cycle... I think he may be tapped on the 9.8's though. I'd expect to see it posted now.

What's odd is that 9.6's had dropped to around $200-$225 with multiple sales while there were more than enough for a short stretch. Now, we had a $340 sale and a BIN of $265 (which would have went for more I think if he priced it a bit higher). I suppose this may be advance movie speculation? and/or enough time has passed between 9.6 sales to give it a fresh perception.

Even with the amount of copies that have surfaced, its held on pretty well... so far. There must be more MOKF fans (Lee's family?) out there than we think. I'm trying to upgrade my 9.6 to a 9.8 W if I can get it at my buy price.

Now where's the stash of MP 15's... Bob only had (1) 9.8... I want one if it is an improvement over my 9.6.

... and I'm OK with holding it way up in that F'n tree V... call me crazy I like trees and HG keys 27_laughing.gif

Well, I can tell you the real deal. I spoke with him about a year ago, he told me he had a small stack too. I asked him to pick the 5 best and he gave them to me for $100.00. I sent them in, got 2 9.6's (one is up now, the other I sold last week with BIN that was obviously too low), 1 9.4, 1 9.2, and 1 7.5 (don't ask me, I have no idea). I don't know how he got them but he was definitely legit.

Nice PU.. I was referring to how many he actually has, or still has in potential 9.6/9.8. A "small stack" is a bit vague and I think it may be a bit more than that. I would imagine anyone that had a "large stack" would have to consider downplaying as not to damage future sales potential. That said, I hope he's running out soon. He was a nice guy and easy to deal with though. I think he has a store as well.

He said he had about 30. I think that's why I emailed him because I was looking for a high grade raw at the time and he had one up. The auction said he cherry picked it from a stack so I inquired. He was very forthcoming but if I remember right at the time he had a lot of feedback for cards so I was a little skeptical. But, the price was right and you "have to be in it to win it" so to speak.