• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

stckwzrd1@aol.com = a crack addict?

113 posts in this topic

deeply religious tone

You have my full support and blessing my son. May your actions in this endeavor bear good fruit.

Can I get an Amen?!?

tone off

Hope that wasn't too goofy. wink.gif Seriously, I'd CGC even VG copies of Hulk 181 (might draw the line for a Fair). Good luck to you!

At our local con there were 2 that I saw: one for $775 and the other for $700. Looking at both the $700 was, in my estimation, not worth the tag. The $775 copy, which I traded for, was a very nice copy.

My question for you is...were these copies overpriced or did you feel that in a CGC slab, they would grade high enough to warrant that? Graham Crackers is a big dealer of comics online and has I assume a big presence in the Midwest? I'd think/hope that they were on the nose with their grading/pricing.

grin.gif

Phil - I'm holding your ALF Holiday Special hostage, along with any feedback associated with it! wink.gif

Oh yes, it is a rare ALF collector's item, popular with the wives and with the upcoming return of ALF to 20 cent per minute long distance company commercials, the movement of ALF comic prices have gone through the roof! Get your rare and pristine copy from me while it's still available and before your wife finds out you've passed up this gem! tongue.gif

I couldn't begin to guess on this book. The $1950 probably wasn't worth it, I would think it would have to slab 9.4 or better. Wouldn't you say?

The one they had for $1300 MIGHT have been worth it, but I didn't bring that kind of scratch and didn't want it on the credit card.

I did buy a bunch of ASMs from them at what I considered reasonable prices, I'm going to CGC them and see what they come back as. I have bought from them on the internet and have been about 66% satisfied with their grading. I returned a Superboy that I thought was overgraded.

They don't put grades on their books at the cons, just prices.

I bought an ASM 300 and I'm going to slab it. I paid $45 for it, if I can slab it for $12 plus shipping, what do you think it has to grade at to make anything? It looked really nice to me, at least a 9.2. But then I'm the guy who got that ASM 175 back with CGC 6.0, after I thought it "looked nice".

I did get Adam Hughes to sign my "Buffy: Once More With Feeling" CD and poster!

I've got some moderns to send out this weekend and so hopefully by New Years they will be back!

It would have to grade at 9.4 to recoup that at least on the 181...same thoughts on the ASM 300. At the con folks were saying ASM 300 at CGC 9.4 you could get guide or will trade for the $70-$75...I definitely used the trade value. I believe ebay with the high supply, may knock this down to $50???

Well, I got a response to my question finally, but it wasn't quite the response I was expecting. Here it is:

<<<<<<

We appreciate your membership here at eBay. As such, we would like to take this opportunity to discuss with you a complaint we received involving an unwanted email you sent to another member via the eBay Email Forwarding System.

The purpose of the Email Forwarding System is to provide open communication between a seller and a buyer regarding an eBay transaction. Below is a copy of the email you sent through the Email Forwarding System:

"NM/MT 9.8????? Were you on the crack pipe when you graded this?"

Although eBay maintains a neutral position regarding this complaint, we wanted to let you know a complaint has been received. Currently this will not affect your account. Any complaint to eBay regarding the use of the Email Forwarding System outside of its intended purpose can be reported to eBay. >>>>>>>

LMAO!! tongue.gif

Remember this guy? I just thought you guys might find this ammusing. laugh.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=728160295&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2

An example of his great feedback tongue.gif

This guy still doesn't mind overgrading his junk hahaha. How sad.

lmao i just find this guy funny. He must get complaints like crazy. I doubt that he has any customers that come back HAHAH. The classic feedback is on the item where he states that the book is in "10.0 MINT" condition. This guy is really somthing else hahahah laugh.gif Here it is:

13umpire(43) Nov-04-02 16:17:10 PST 721815119 S

Neutral : Listed as 10 Mint, maybe 7 VF. Other comics from seller OK. Typical over grade

Response by stckwzrd1@aol.com - SEE BELOW v BOTH BOOKS WERE IN THE SAME CONDITION YOU LIKE ONE AND NOT OTHER?

I bought a "9.8" X-Men 139 off this guy for $15 last month. It was VF-.

I emailed him and told him he might want to look at his grading standards, and he pretty much said he thought grading is subjective and I could have a refund if I wanted. I didn't take one - it was still a decent comic - and $15 isn't hardly worth the hassle. But he did offer a refund immediately - he seemed pretty nice.

So I figure the way to deal with this guy is - if he has a "9.6-10.0" comic - assume it is 2 grades lower. If you want some mid-grade stuff for dirt cheap - this is the guy to buy from. I know the principle of him advertising a F/VF book as a 10.0 is almost impossible for some people to overlook, but it is what it is......

The real test is how he grades when he buys books. If he uses the same system (i.e. crack addict) then it's one thing. But if he miraculously becomes accurate, then it's another.

It's difficult to grade books, there's no question. And it is subjective. But he is so far off the scale (and his write-ups appear to include outright lies, as well), and his feedback does show dissatisfaction, despite the many positives, I guess it's a buyer beware. He does have big scans, so your eyes can tell you what he won't.

-- Joanna

The real test is how he grades when he buys books. If he uses the same system (i.e. crack addict) then it's one thing. But if he miraculously becomes accurate, then it's another.

Good point. I've got stacks of "mint" comics I could sell this guy. Now that I think about it, I'm gonna fire off an email to him right now.......

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

Why did you buy from this insufficiently_thoughtful_person? confused.gif Did you miss this thread about his awesome grading? Although this guy does offer refunds i'm sure most people just like you decide to just keep the piece of that he overgraded since the shipping costs to send it back would offset the "refund" anyway so any person in their right mind would see that it would be pointless.

HEHEHE if we have to bring his book's grade down 2 full grades from what he adrvertises that means something. tongue.gif He does offer decent pictures (sometimes), but it is people like him that me off. If you look at his feedback, he mainly has newbie comic buyers and having them receive outright junk from this guy disgusts me b/c the newbie buyers lose their trust for comic book sellers on ebay after experiences like this.

This guy uses that lame excuse of grading being subjective, which is true to a certain extent, but this guy is totally using the subjective part wayyyyy out of context and grossly overgrades his pile of High grade junk. He reminds me of the bozo CGC book sellers that sell date stamped, ink marked junk and state that the eye sores are part of the CGC grade and that it is not their responsibilty to disclose it.

stckwzrd1@aol.com =jerk mad.gif