• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know anything about ltd-rarities on ebay?

7 posts in this topic

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZltd-raritiesQQhtZ-1

There's a Bill Watterson sketch that I like but I'm very leary of purchasing any Schulz or Watterson sketches unless they can be proved where they've come from. Their COA means nothing to me as anyone can print one up.

I'm more curious to know if anyone had heard anything about them and/or may know for certain if the sketch is legit.

Thanks.

I don't know anything about him, but I'd be very nervous about purchasing from someone selling a Shultz AND a Watterson at the same time. Two of the most commonly forged artists in the same auction just seems shady.

Again, this could be completely legit, but I would personally stay away.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZltd-raritiesQQhtZ-1

There's a Bill Watterson sketch that I like but I'm very leary of purchasing any Schulz or Watterson sketches unless they can be proved where they've come from. Their COA means nothing to me as anyone can print one up.

I'm more curious to know if anyone had heard anything about them and/or may know for certain if the sketch is legit.

Thanks.

Got this off ebay...maybe you can contact the buyers for a first hand account of why they left negative feedback:

WARNING!! PAID, NEVER RCV'D ITEM, NO RESPONSE. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER!

Buyer   rmr008 ( 114)  Feb-20-06 20:38 7188832686

Reply by ltd-rarities: Item shipped, returned twice because of address. Give a good address Einstein!

Feb-21-06 04:09

Item not received, however full refund paid eventually.Buyer   mattrbrownc130 ( 72) Jan-08-06 04:39 6580998424

Fake items/WILL send PDF copy of PAYPAL COMPLIANT 2 ANYONE upon email request

Buyer   skullkollector ( 137) Oct-07-05 01:22 5999517436

Reply by ltd-rarities: Says jaw doesn't match &some of the teeth replaced He wants $150 back! Dream on Oct-08-05 14:09

Follow-up by skullkollector: Want100%Refund/DeceptiveSeller/FakeItemsJawDoesntMatchSkull/Pics&ReportOnRequest Oct-08-05 14:52

Beware this deadbeat bidder. Likes to sell items, but doesn't pay for items won.

Seller   987321 ( 2104)  May-26-05 15:00 6172996382

Reply by ltd-rarities: Jeckle/Hyde? Can't believe left me negative two hours after his friendly email?? May-26-05 15:45

Stupid & disgusting discussion about shipping costs, which he knew beforehand

Seller   hydrochoerus ( 175)  May-10-04 05:55 3664030271

DANGER!Dishonest!Payment was received by seller only 6 days after he sent total

Buyer   bensage ( 149)  Nov-21-02 20:38 911873895

Reply by ltd-rarities: Disregarded all auction terms.Wanted to make up his own. Disqualified for nonpay Nov-21-02 22:12

Personal Check Bounced. Blamed His Wife. Refused To Pay The Bank Penalty Fee.

Seller   jimary ( 1143)  Aug-31-02 19:54 877455708

Reply by ltd-rarities: Forced to stop payment on check because of the garbage he sent. Read his fdbk. Aug-31-02 20:33

Sellers Beware! A Man With Poor Ethics. My Worst Customer In 4+ Years At eBay.

Seller   jimary ( 1143)  Aug-31-02 19:53 877454240

Reply by ltd-rarities: Stopped payment on check because of [embarrassing lack of self control] he sent. A real weirdo! Aug-31-02 20:34

Money Order Promised. Paid With Personal Check Which Bounced. Stuck Me With Fee.

Seller   jimary ( 1143)  Aug-31-02 19:51 878215867

Reply by ltd-rarities: Stopped payment because of trash he sent! Now he's drunk leaving feedback.... Aug-31-02 20:37

Never delivered item under "Buyitnow" suspended User ID. Now using new name.

Buyer   rolmerdude ( 626)  May-20-02 12:01 852445255

Reply by ltd-rarities: My ID wasn't suspended?? I changed it! You can do that you know insufficiently_thoughtful_person!

-H

Hehe, yeah I think I'll be staying away after reading his negs. How did you get his negative feedback all in one shot like that? I'm sure you didn't go through page by page (I hope).

I agree that having the Schulz sketch up at the same time also made me very nervous.

Thanks guys.

Hehe, yeah I think I'll be staying away after reading his negs. How did you get his negative feedback all in one shot like that? I'm sure you didn't go through page by page (I hope).

I agree that having the Schulz sketch up at the same time also made me very nervous.

Thanks guys.

PM sent.

They are known forgers and scam artists. Period.

The last 2 original C&H drawings I saw on the market, about 3 years ago, a similar B&W ran 12k. The superior colour piece his 20k.

So if you want a cute little drawing like that one, for $50, I say buy it.