• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Ghost #6 significant?

33 posts in this topic

As golddust says, it's just very tough to find.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if a warehouse stack of 50 came to light? Changing what once was scarce into available if you want one...

Ya never know.

It happened with Thing 16 - great book, great cover, and always available on ebay, usually in multiples. Although the find in this case was considerably more than 50...

True!

My pet theory on why TMIH #3 is scarce is, very low print run. This is just a by the seat of my pants judgement, based on how MANY TMIH #2's you see with "complimentary" stamped on them. My guess is they WAY overproduced on #2, were left with many they had to give away, and felt not too compelled to overproduce on #3....

True!

My pet theory on why TMIH #3 is scarce is, very low print run. This is just a by the seat of my pants judgement, based on how MANY TMIH #2's you see with "complimentary" stamped on them. My guess is they WAY overproduced on #2, were left with many they had to give away, and felt not too compelled to overproduce on #3....

How many months between the two? I ask just because back then the sales reports were so slow to come in that it was a lot to guesswork. At least that's the story why print runs go up with issue 4s. By that point they have data on sales of #1.

I get requests for TMIH #3 all the time, which is frustrating since we have a lot of the other issues.

Btw, I believe Harley has Ghost 1 and 5 in stock at the moment.

Marc

Marc, your reality may well throw cold water on my theory. But for whatever the reason, it sure doesn't seem like a lot of #3 were printed... maybe they were erring on the side of caution, or printed too many darn #2's and were all backed up storage-wise. My time machine's busted otherwise I'd just zip over to the Fawcett corporate offices and ask. wink.gif

Flying Donut should have one by now since I sent him mine on Monday. He was under-bidder on ebay and it was returned. The high bidder claimed it was restored, but I don't believe it is. Waiting to hear from Flying Donut to see what he thinks and if he wants to keep or return it. It should ring a bell, because you PM'd me about it before I put it on ebay! 27_laughing.gif

It came yesterday, but I've been working like a dog and haven't opened anything. I will look at it tonight and be all happy. Such a cool cover. yay.gif

thumbsup2.gif Glad to hear it arrived safely!

Its here and it is very beautiful. I don't think its restored, and, to be honest, even if it was I'd still want it. Thanks much! thumbsup2.gif