• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I would hate to have this Double cover

31 posts in this topic

My problem with this particular double cover is the fact that the outer cover is so beat up. insane.gif Usually you see:

Front Cover 9.0

Interior cover 9.2

...but this is much different tongue.gif

My problem with this particular double cover is the fact that the outer cover is so beat up. insane.gif Usually you see:

Front Cover 9.0

Interior cover 9.2

...but this is much different tongue.gif

That's what I meant. Wouldn't he get more if it was without that first cover? Just sell it as a 9.2. Or does the fact that it has 2 covers make it that much more valuable, even with the 6.5 outer cover?

I personally like double covers and siamese pages and all of that weird stuff. shy.gif Although the CGC grade states "9.2" the eye appeal must be horrendous due to the outer cover. That front cover has got to go! insane.gif

What would CGC "say" concerning a double-cover removal? Is removing the crappy outer cover a "form" of restoration? Could the book possibly get a "qualified" lable?

What would be the case if the outer cover was removed?

Chris

Is that an "if I told you more I'd have to kill you" yes... or is it an "I'd tell you but I'm afraid Darth's head would explode at the very thought" yes?

Both.

My FF 169 is a double cover. I bought it LONG ago before the variants were known to everybody as variants - it was priced as a "double cover". I knew I was getting a variant as well, so I was happy. He was happy. Everybody was happy.

WARNING SPAM HIJACK

No, the double cover you want, no need is Batman 407 - Miller Year One!

END SPAM HIJACK

Does every single one of those books have big black splotches all over the white parts of the cover? I have two copies that are both like that (though they may not be a splotchy as this). How does the inner cover look?

Is that an "if I told you more I'd have to kill you" yes... or is it an "I'd tell you but I'm afraid Darth's head would explode at the very thought" yes?

Both.

My FF 169 is a double cover. I bought it LONG ago before the variants were known to everybody as variants - it was priced as a "double cover". I knew I was getting a variant as well, so I was happy. He was happy. Everybody was happy.

And I'm happy knowing the book exists. This is one big happy thread.

WARNING SPAM HIJACK

No, the double cover you want, no need is Batman 407 - Miller Year One!

END SPAM HIJACK

Does every single one of those books have big black splotches all over the white parts of the cover? I have two copies that are both like that (though they may not be a splotchy as this). How does the inner cover look?

Please note that those big black splotches are from my POS scanner. DAMN! I'll have to clean that off tonight. GRRRRR. mad.gif

On this topic, has anyone ever seen or know of a double cover price variant?

I've seen some 30-centers, but my "white whale" of a double-cover 35-center has eluded me.

Both.

Post a scan if you don't mind! shy.gif