• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it too early to talk about Heroescon 2006

76 posts in this topic

i will be there, half day Sat and all day Sun in finecomics' booth. make sure you stop by and say hello.

forum dinner is a definite. i'm a local. let me know what kind of food you guys like as we get close, and we can try to get a spot secured.

Charlotte has about five hundred great restaurants, of all stripe, so whatever people are fired up for. Italian, Steak, Thai, Chinese, American eclectic, French, etc

you won't have time to be social. You will be moving HOT books, Selling HOT books, putting HOT books in order, sweeping the booth floor, and putting the dreaded back-board together.

I like that pizza place across the street but it's not designed for a large sitting.

dude. seriously, there are like a thousand great restaurants in this town. we'll hook something up. we have like 3 months

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif I would have paid anything to see Sal's face when he read this.

I like that pizza place across the street but it's not designed for a large sitting.

dude. seriously, there are like a thousand great restaurants in this town. we'll hook something up. we have like 3 months

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif I would have paid anything to see Sal's face when he read this.

screwy.gif

when you come up in may, i'm gonna take you to the lowest health-rated restaurant in town. not that it would matter to you

If anyone needs to make reservations ( since special con rates are all booked up ) we just booked @ the Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown - which is 3 blocks from the con for $89 a night with breakfast for a one bedroom suite with sofa bed -- and i saw that they did have 2 bedroom suites with sofa bed for $139 . Looks like the best deal for now.

BigMike sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

If anyone needs to make reservations ( since special con rates are all booked up ) we just booked @ the Residence Inn Charlotte Uptown - which is 3 blocks from the con for $89 a night with breakfast for a one bedroom suite with sofa bed -- and i saw that they did have 2 bedroom suites with sofa bed for $139 . Looks like the best deal for now.

BigMike sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

You missed the Westin for $79 893whatthe.gif

Shame on you 893naughty-thumb.gif

[quote

You missed the Westin for $79 893whatthe.gif

Shame on you 893naughty-thumb.gif

shucks -- i tried to get the new hotel Shelton mentioned last friday but it was already gone too -- i must have spent 3 hours searching to get this deal --

I will never stay at the westin again. after having to call housekeeping 5x because our bathroom has nasty clumps of black hair in the shower on laying on the towels to no avail. was nastiest 5 star hotel i have ever stayed at. Hell the motel 6 at the airport was cleaner and the manager didn't have some german accent no one could understand

i'm a motel 6 guy. cheap price, large chain, nice rooms. I mean how often are you actually going to be in the room? this isn't one of mile high chucks munn auctions where the rooms are set up with worthless clay pots.

i'm a motel 6 guy. cheap price, large chain, nice rooms. I mean how often are you actually going to be in the room? this isn't one of mile high chucks munn auctions where the rooms are set up with worthless clay pots.

just stay away from any motel/hotel with an Independence Ave. address. geographically, the safest and nicest areas are directly in downtown or south of downtown. directly west is okay, but not northwest or east.

i don't stay in hotels here, but i will say the Westin is supposed to be very nice.

if you want to drop a lot of $$ on a hotel, the Dunhill downtown is a 4-star, intimate place.

you could always rent a room at the Y. there are two within two miles of the con