• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 102 Grade?

39 posts in this topic

It "LOOKS" beautiful, but we all know that you CANNOT put any stock or ascribe any value or validity whatsoever on a book without the plastic covering and label. Once the book has been slabbed, only then can it be deemed to have a value other than it's present worth...ZERO! Who was the felon that sold you this restored book in it's unslabbed state? Keep in mind that by refusing to divulge his name, you are condoning this practice and doing the hobby a gross injustice. I'm confident that the book must be restored, or it would have already been in a slab. There can be no other reason. My sympathies and condolences on your being ripped off on this unslabbed beauty.

..GREAT price, and Supa got a deal X 2 but we all know...it's not a collectible; there's no value until the royalties have changed hands and the book has been CGCed! We are ALL decided on this and there are NO exceptions. I was 101% wrong to offer raw books. I've repented and admitted my dereliction in doing so. I expect NO less from anyone else. No matter the intentions, the sale of a raw book in this hobby, no matter the value, even if the item is a new issue, should be made illegal effective immediately, and I for one, will be lobbying my Congressman to see what he can do to look into this matter. When you sell raw, you not only commit a felony, as the book MUST be restored, but you STEAL from CGC. Royalties MUST be paid. Books must be graded. NO latitude, no exceptions.

Not sure what you mean by "soft", the top one has that tiny little wrinkle and the bottom is perfectly square without any rounding or blunting at all. And yeah I did get it off ebay. Most of the stuff is overgraded but every once in a while... By the way Brian, if you're grading this as a NM- it ought to be a CGC 9.6 grin.gif

Nice book.......I'd say a safe 9.2, but I've seen slabbed 9.4's that don't look that good.

Not sure what you mean by "soft", the top one has that tiny little wrinkle and the bottom is perfectly square without any rounding or blunting at all. And yeah I did get it off ebay. Most of the stuff is overgraded but every once in a while... By the way Brian, if you're grading this as a NM- it ought to be a CGC 9.6 grin.gif

ain't that the truth 27_laughing.gif

Nah, no way a 9.6. I'd bet they don't take it as a 9.6 due to the corner wrinkle. However, who knows..they love books without spine stress.. (sometimes I think the spine is the only thing they actually grade). Back cover scan?

Brian

Very nice. Back cover looks real clean. What condition was this book advertised in? I'm sticking with my NM- guess. And I maintain that lower bindary corner looks a bit soft.

Brian

I could see someone calling this a NM but I'd say it's most likely a NM-..it's close though. You buy a lot of raw books don't you, you didn't happen to buy a raw Avengers 8 advertised as NM did you? smile.gif

Brian