• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 102 Grade?

39 posts in this topic

I opened the scan in Photoshop and drew guidelines around it to see if its square....seems to have a curved 3" indented area of the edge next to Rockwell's paint bucket. Can you see anything on the real boook or is it only in the scan? The sides are perfectly square, so if it IS trimmed, its perfectly done except for this area.....

looks like a safe 9.4 otherwise..that corner is a shame!

I'd call it a VF+ due to stress plus the date stamp..CGC seems to not care about date stamps, so they'd probably go 9.0 IMO

Brian

brian, remember the DD 11 thread? you can't grade if your life depended on it, i'd say 9.2 to 9.4, you said 8.5, it graded 9.4. i understand that you mock me on my grades for my books, but you have to understand, CGC does up everyonce in awhile. if you want to make a wager on this book, i'll bet you. 893naughty-thumb.gifacclaim.gifcloud9.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Uh oh. Supas' thrown down the gauntlet. Make your wagers boys. I'll support Hammers' new cause and get it graded if bets are made. I'll even get it express with my 3 free subs, need to send in something else with my FF 1 and 5 that I should be getting end of next week.

brian, remember the DD 11 thread? you can't grade if your life depended on it, i'd say 9.2 to 9.4, you said 8.5, it graded 9.4. i understand that you mock me on my grades for my books, but you have to understand, CGC does up everyonce in awhile. if you want to make a wager on this book, i'll bet you. 893naughty-thumb.gifacclaim.gifcloud9.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Actually if you'll look below I said I think it should get an 8.5 due to the date stamp but since CGC doesn't acknowledge those I suggested a 9.0. I'm sorry it annoys you that I don't grade EVERYTHING either a 9.2 or 9.4 like you seem to do frown.gif

Brian

Heh..I bought 4 books from him total. All NM/MT-, the best one was probably VF. I can't understand how a guy who ONLY sells comics on eBay has good feedback and can't grade to save his life. Anyways, since he's giving me a refund my fb will say "Grading was off, but seller took care of problems. Nice guy"

Brian

Yeah, one good raw buy for 50 overgraded POS Not a great percentage but this one works out.

If an infinite number of monkeys were to sell an infinite number of raw comic books on E-Bay advertised as Near Mint, you've got to figure that eventually, one of the books will actually end up being a Near Mint.

Looks like you happened across the lucky monkey on this book. 27_laughing.gif

Yeah, one good raw buy for 50 overgraded POS Not a great percentage but this one works out.

If an infinite number of monkeys were to sell an infinite number of raw comic books on E-Bay advertised as Near Mint, you've got to figure that eventually, one of the books will actually end up being a Near Mint.

Looks like you happened across the lucky monkey on this book. 27_laughing.gif

893Funny-thumb.gif

That's hilarious and so true.