• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Love and Rockets #1 PROTOTYPE......

38 posts in this topic

No. Just burn it.

Love and Rockets getting dissed?!! You really need to cultivate an appreciation for the Hernandez brothers, amigo!

I was kidding. I have seen the book in question and it's a great copy. makepoint.gif

No. Just burn it.

Love and Rockets getting dissed?!! You really need to cultivate an appreciation for the Hernandez brothers, amigo!

I was kidding. I have seen the book in question and it's a great copy. makepoint.gif

Oh, well...then thumbsup2.gif

Black and white covers/interiors. 800 printed per OSPG. Does anyone know if this can be encapsulated??? confused-smiley-013.gif

I bought one of these in 2003 on ebay and have always wondered what it is exaclty. I have always thought mine was some kind of reprint and I got ripped off or something.

Mine says copyright 1981. OS says there is a b/w L&R but dates it as 6/82. OS also says "small size" - the one I have is mag size. OS says it is a $2.95 cover price and mine has "Only $1.00" on the cover. confused-smiley-013.gif

OS is mistaken. This is the real thing. I have had the chance to purchase 4-5 copies over the past year and they were all magazine sized, $1.00 priced and copyrighted 1981. What did you end up paying if I might ask??

OS is mistaken. This is the real thing. I have had the chance to purchase 4-5 copies over the past year and they were all magazine sized, $1.00 priced and copyrighted 1981. What did you end up paying if I might ask??

If true, that's not just mistaken but horribly wrong on several counts. That kind of misinformation could end up screwing someone big time. I paid $50 in July '03 on ebay.

$50 is a good deal for an indy with a print run of 800 thumbsup2.gif. I think I paid around $55-$60 for mine summer '05 via Ebay as well. As for the OS error, well, as they can clearly see from my scan, that should be evidence enough to make some changes, no? confused-smiley-013.gif

$50 is a good deal for an indy with a print run of 800 thumbsup2.gif. I think I paid around $55-$60 for mine summer '05 via Ebay as well. As for the OS error, well, as they can clearly see from my scan, that should be evidence enough to make some changes, no? confused-smiley-013.gif

I dunno how you would notify OS or if they care that much. Just out of curiosity, does your copy have a hand-stamped PO box address on the inside front cover?

Hmm...I will have to check. Yes it does have a stamp. Without giving away too much info for the prospective counterfeiters out there frustrated.gif it starts off with..."po box 861".

Does yours have the same?

Hmm...I will have to check. Yes it does have a stamp. Without giving away too much info for the prospective counterfeiters out there frustrated.gif it starts off with..."po box 861".

Does yours have the same?

Yep. I was going to mention how easy this book would be to counterfeit. The paper stock sure isn't mag or comic-like. Mine came from a guy in GA IIRC. How 'bout you? Maybe we have the knock-offs. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The stock of mine kind of feels like construction paper we used as kids. Cheap, thats for sure. As for counterfeit, I doubt it, as all of the copies I have seen have looked and felt the exact same. No worries, I believe they are real. As for where mine came from, I'll have to search my files for that one. I'll get back to ya thumbsup2.gif

'

The stock of mine kind of feels like construction paper we used as kids. Cheap, thats for sure. As for counterfeit, I doubt it, as all of the copies I have seen have looked and felt the exact same. No worries, I believe they are real. As for where mine came from, I'll have to search my files for that one. I'll get back to ya thumbsup2.gif

'

I have seen your file room....don't hold your breath Bill. 27_laughing.gif