• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any ideas where to find an artist?

13 posts in this topic

For part of my course i was to write a 24 frame comic -script. That's as far as it went but i really like what i wrote and would love to see what it would look like drawn.

Any ideas for anyone i could contact who might be interested in drawing it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Without costing me an arm and a leg. tongue.gif

For part of my course i was to write a 24 frame comic -script. That's as far as it went but i really like what i wrote and would love to see what it would look like drawn.

Any ideas for anyone i could contact who might be interested in drawing it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Without costing me an arm and a leg. tongue.gif

How much you paying?

Jim

There are many places. Here are three, right off the top of my head.

The Digital Webbing talent search. http://www.digitalwebbing.com

The Creative section at Millarworld (there's the whole Scottish thing there- might be good karma for you) http://forums.millarworld.tv/index.php?showforum=61

Comic Foundry http://www.comicfoundry.com/

Or go to your local college and ask a Professor if they want to use it as an assignment for the students. I also have helped a friend get the cover to his book drawn up this way. We held a contest at a local school and the chosen design won $100.00.. We had over 300 entries. thumbsup2.gif

There are many places. Here are three, right off the top of my head.

The Digital Webbing talent search. http://www.digitalwebbing.com

The Creative section at Millarworld (there's the whole Scottish thing there- might be good karma for you) http://forums.millarworld.tv/index.php?showforum=61

Comic Foundry http://www.comicfoundry.com/

Thanks for the links! Certainly looks promising 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Or go to your local college and ask a Professor if they want to use it as an assignment for the students. I also have helped a friend get the cover to his book drawn up this way. We held a contest at a local school and the chosen design won $100.00.. We had over 300 entries. thumbsup2.gif

Now that is a good idea. I am at an art university after all 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Thanks for the idea thumbsup2.gif

The only potential problem with that is that making comics is a specialized discipline. Even still, it'd be worth a go.

I used to do a comicstrip...

kind of faded away because I got so busy...

I should get back into it...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe my -script is just the thing to get you started poke2.giftongue.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Gimme an idea on the style of comedy...

I did like Wallace and Grommits latest DVD...

on the other hand,

dry english humor has it's place -

but in strip would be a challenge to pull off...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

on the other hand,

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Your Idea a F*G and our North American version might not sync up insane.gif27_laughing.gif

I'd try you strip but I want 100% of movie rights devil.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

on the other hand,

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No comedy invloved. It's more of an action comic -script, set in the middle-east with no super heroness invloved smile.gif